Depot modifications

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Papa Bear, Jul 30, 2004.

  1. Papa Bear

    Papa Bear Member

    I bought a pre-assembled Bachmann depot for my N-scale layout. Straight out of the box, it looks very "plastic," so I decided to make some modifications.

    First, I trimmed off the signboards and the gable in the front. Then I repainted the walls (most of the wood frame depots I've seen are white). I made the new roof out of cardboard and used strips of micro-sanding paper for the shingles. It took about three evenings from start to finish.


    Attached Files:

  2. Lighthorseman

    Lighthorseman Active Member

    What A Difference!

    ...And just like that, it goes from an instantly recognizable struture to a unique one. Nice work, PB! :thumb:

Share This Page