Demonstrator G scale trestle

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Mike R, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Mike R

Mike R Member

This is the unit I will have in next train show.
    Unit has 105 pieces, all yellow cedar, 271 glue joints, of which 96 are reinforced with brass escutcheon pins.Is mounted on an all-cedar subframe for outdoor use.Olympic and Sears outdoor stains are used, and LePage's Weathergrip glue.
    regards/ Mike

Attached Files:

2. Catt

Catt Guest

Nice piece of work there Mike.Little too big for my scales but still very nice.
  3. TinGoat

TinGoat Ignorant know it all

After the show...

Very nice work!

After the show, do you give discounts on demo models. :D
  4. Mike R

Mike R Member

Thanks, bet I do...on Sunday afternoon at the show, all demos are for sale.
    Just pull a Marlon Brando, and "make me an offer I can't refuse".
    Best regards
    Mike in Meaford
  5. TinGoat

Where is the next show???

Since I don't drive, it's hard to get out of town. So the shows that I get to need to be in T.O..
  6. Mike R

Mike R Member

OK TinGoat...was hoping to meet you in Brampton...the way the cities are growing, there's not much distance between West Toronto and Brampton....but if you don't drive, there is too much distance. Thanks again for your comments, maybe I can go in the next Toronto show as well, and meet you then.
    Best Regards / Mike
  7. Mike R

Mike R Member

Mr. Catt! / Moderator

Some time ago, you indicated there might be some interest amongst your colleagues, in Michigan, in scale 'O' or HiRail 'O' trestles and bridges. If you would like to contact me at :

I would be glad to send you an information package by snail-mail,including specs, design criteria, construction methods, and photos, if you think these custom built items might be of further interest.

Thanks and regards
    Mike Robertson
  8. TinGoat

Hi Mike....

Give me a date and address, and I'll see if I can hitch a ride...

9. Mike R

Mike R Member

Brampton show info

Show is Oct 5 and Oct 6, 10:30 am to 4:30 pm each day.
    It is at the Brampton Fairgrounds, 12942 Heart Lake Road.
    This is 5 miles [8 km] north of Boivard [Hwy #7 ] on Heart Lake [which is Hwy.#410].
    It's a big show...20,000 sq. ft. of layouts, [ N,HO,O,G],dealer tables, private tables, displays, NMRA clinics etc.
    best regards / Mike
  10. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

...and the Brampton Fair is on there as I type!
    which gives them 3 weeks to clean up after the horses and cows...:eek:
  11. Mike R

Mike R Member

Good point ! But I've lived in small-town rural Ontario for the last 42 years, and attended over 100 fairs, and did volunteer work at many of them. I think it's no"prize bull" to say it's easier to clean up after the animals, than it is the people who go.
    Biodegradeably yours : Mike