Delete a Post

cabdriver

Jan 23, 2005
Can someone please explain how to delete a post you have entered. I read the info in the FAQ and it says that if it is your post, you can edit it or delete it. When I click on the edit button at the bottom of a post I have made, it seems to only give me options of modifying the text, but no option to delete the post.
Thanks.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
interurban said:
I asked the admin the same ? and got NO ANSWER
That ticked me off as Dave Hagan would have responded!!!!!!.
Thats my rant.
Anyway all I did was edit it to say NIL and put a smily on it.
Hope that helps.

Funny - My Mail's been down for 28 hours now :( Did you ever think to PM me????

Sorry about that - But I have a life outside The Gauge - This is only Volunteer work :( :(

Tha Gauge was down for a few hours yesterday & My The-Gauge.com mail has been down ever since :(

You want to do it - You can have it!! :D :D :D

I Thought not :)

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
cabdriver said:
Can someone please explain how to delete a post you have entered. I read the info in the FAQ and it says that if it is your post, you can edit it or delete it. When I click on the edit button at the bottom of a post I have made, it seems to only give me options of modifying the text, but no option to delete the post.
Thanks.

Sorry, Man.. There is no way for Registered Members to delete posts - Only Mods & I can :( I'll fix that Immediatly :)

As far as the "click the report Post - That's the way to go!! Someone will delete it faster if you do that... Thanks For asking :) :)

Again....Sorry about that :( :(

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
cabdriver said:
Thanks.

Just looked that up Cabdriver - it reads that the admin can disable that option, It was actually never turned on... That's in the board programming - there's no way I can change it, but I'll let Peter know... Thanks!!!

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
N Gauger said:
Funny - My Mail's been down for 28 hours now :( Did you ever think to PM me????

Sorry about that - But I have a life outside The Gauge - This is only Volunteer work :( :(

Tha Gauge was down for a few hours yesterday & My The-Gauge.com mail has been down ever since :(

You want to do it - You can have it!! :D :D :D

I Thought not :)

My email was sent many months ago.
Thanks for this info.
Now I know not to bother .
Thanks .

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
interurban said:
My email was sent many months ago.
Thanks for this info.
Now I know not to bother .
Thanks .

It was?? "depending on how Many "Months" ago it was - It might have been Shamus that was admin.. or the Both of us.. :(

Always PM me - I get The PM's all the time - weather at home or at work.. It's just faster!! :)

Thanks!!!

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
cabdriver said:
Can someone please explain how to delete a post you have entered.

I have a secret weapon that even the moderators know not exists. My own resident computer geek....

Attachments

• computerhead.gif
    computerhead.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 83

cabdriver

Jan 23, 2005
Ok, guys. Thanks, I think. Didn't mean to open up a hornets nest. :p

I want to have a group of posts moved to a new thread or if not, delete them. I'll try to figure out how to ask the Moderators to do this.

SAL Comet

May 13, 2004
N.W. Georgia
Ha cab, Just send your request via Privite Message to the Mod. of the forum the posts are in, I'm sure they will help you when they have time.

cabdriver

Jan 23, 2005
Just that simple. Sent a private PM, all taken care of in less than 5 minutes. :thumb: Well done guys! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Wish I had that kind of response time at work :p

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
cabdriver said:
Just that simple. Sent a private PM, all taken care of in less than 5 minutes. :thumb: Well done guys! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Wish I had that kind of response time at work :p
you dont have the GAUGE mods in your work force, silly you:D :D :D...have a good one..steve

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Roger Hensley said:
Gee as long as we are yelling at one another, how about getting rid of all of the 'stickies'. They're a real pain to scroll down past every time I want to check topics.
Give us a few weeks Roger - some will be dissappearing soon - we just had a lot going on at once. They are important to the people participating in them.. :)

F

Fred_M

Well, the one where I quit has been a sticky since 1/1/05 http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=12469 . It's not important to me, in fact it's a bit embarrasing to me that's it's still a sticky since I have since came back to help by being a mod for a while, and am still an semi-active member. I don't know what to think about it being there other than it's maybe like when they use to put people's heads on pikes at the city limits. Fred