Delaware

Gregory Shoda

Apr 17, 2004
Honolulu, HI
This is a model I made a long time ago. It was built by mistake in 1/500 scale. At the time, I envisioned building one example of each US dreadnought class in plastic or paper. In paper, I build in 1/550 scale although I am not particular in plastic. I discovered the scale error when I laid this model next to another model that should have been longer but which wasn't. So it doesn't match the rest of my fleet, but it isn't bad and probably looks better than the stuff I'm building these days.

Gregory Shoda

Apr 17, 2004
Honolulu, HI
Seems I haven't got the hang of inserting attachments. I think my photo sizes may have been too large. Here are the first 2 shots.

Attachments

• delaware_01.jpg
    delaware_01.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 44
  • delaware_02.jpg
    delaware_02.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 33

Elliott

Jul 18, 2006
Wow! Nicely done! You shipbuilders here are absolutely the best, most patient, detail-oriented, original, (continue inserting appropriate adjectives here).

Gregory Shoda

Apr 17, 2004
Honolulu, HI
Thanks, Redhorse, Elliot, & Paperboy.

Paperboy: Yes, I built a South Carolina, but it was not successful as the cagemasts were overscale. It was the first US battleship I tried to build in paper.

A couple more photos:

Attachments

• delaware_05.jpg
    delaware_05.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 21
  • delaware_06.jpg
    delaware_06.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 23

Gregory Shoda

Apr 17, 2004
Honolulu, HI
Art & Ebi: Thnks for the complements. I must be losing it, because I thought I acknowledged you earlier, but now can't find my message. Perhaps my dial up server is playing tricks on me again!

Teamski

Mar 29, 2007
Delaware
Sweet job! What's funny is that the USS Delaware Ship's bell is sitting outside a museum only a couple blocks away from where I live. I wish there was a kit for the ship. There is no way I could scratch build like that!

-Ski