Delano County / Seasons Greetings

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
This is the newest diorama I'm working on. Measuring 18" x 36", it will fit perfectly atop my filing cabinet in my office. It's also being constructed such that it will fit into my final layout as the outskirts of Wichita KS (hence Delano County). Obviously there's a lot of work still to do, but it's coming along nicely.

This first pic is an overview. The front two tracks will eventually be the MOPAC mainline. On the right side of the diorama behind the mainline will be College Cement (with room for about six 2-bay hoppers); on the left side is Radio Hill, which will eventually be home to a radio transmission tower (currently backordered at Walthers) for KFH 1330. The track in the back is a storage track for empty covered hoppers.

delano-county.jpg

This next pic is of two units I've mentioned previously. The Cargill tankcar is for corn syrup and will deliver the same to Mr. Pibb in Pueblo CO on my final layout. There are three of them. In the foreground is MON 7235. Originally purchased as an Intermountain CP flat car, I converted it to a Monon unit by eradicating the roadname and #, and restenciling it with Microscale letters/numbers. Then weathered it, of course. The weathering turned out really kewl; I'm not sure if you can tell from this pic.

delano-crgxmon.jpg

Pic #3 is a birdseye view of the diorama.

delano-birdseye.jpg

And last, but not least, I couldn't resist including my Santa Fe "Santa for Safety" caboose.

delano-santa.jpg