defunct Z-scale bits needed

Santa Fe Jack

Jul 20, 2006
Lost Almost, New Mexico
Greetings, Z-scalers!

I have ventured over into the N/Z forum from HO. I have a need for some (non-working) Z-scale (or smaller!) track and perhaps a train on the HO layout.

The idea is to build a small control layout in small scale within the HO layout. Ya know how modelers will make a little map of their layout with electrical switches on it to control the turnouts on the layout? That's what I want to do, but instead of just taking a plate and drawing some lines on it, I'd like to incorporate it INTO the layout, as a little park train. You know - the kind that people will ride on at the zoo or park. It won't actually GO, as the electrical switches would be there in place of turnouts, but if it had actuall track, and perhaps a small train on it, that would be very neat.

Z-scale is roughtly 1/3 HO, so it is still a bit too big, in fact. I have heard of postage stamp scale or something. Is there a smaller scale?

At any rate, I am looking for some spare bits of track and a loco and a car or three to put on it, to make a "park train" for the HO people to use. It would all actually be just a control panel.

Do any of you Z-scalers have cut-off bits of track, or a dead loco or car that you could part with?

- John

Cornreaper

Apr 26, 2006
Barrie, ON
This isn't really pratical, but here is a link to a site that produces TY scale layouts. TY scale is 1:900 if you can believe it. Realism is borderline here, but still, the fact that an enitre layout can fit in the palm of your hand is really neat!

http://www.tiny-trains.com/

Santa Fe Jack

Jul 20, 2006
Lost Almost, New Mexico
OMG! That looks just about right.

I'll contact them to see if they can send me non-working junk parts from which I could build it. Excellent tip. Thank you! :thumb:

Yes, at 1:900 these are perfect. I'm getting some flexible track, a loco and three passenger cars for $45. Thanks again.