Defiant model....where can I post it?

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by ARMORMAN, Feb 29, 2004.

1. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

If your looking for a host for the defiant so people can download it, I can do it. I've got a bunch up at:

already. Please email me the model at either way; that email can handle the 5mb. If we have permission to publish, I'm more than happy to post it for everyone.

- Jon

ARMORMAN Guest

I've been to your site....nice stuff....I actually was thinking of redrawing that Nautilus (so it wouldn't eat so much toner, and to add more detail).

I may just send you the file, but there's some bugs in the redraw that need to be fixed, plus I'm considering redesigning some parts to add more dimension/detail.

to all:
    BTW, I've had lots of imput on how to post the .ai pdfs, but no one has yet commented on the model and what they thought, liked/disliked.

3. 57townsman

57townsman Member

I looked at your pics of the redrawn ship and they look great :) I like that the panel lines are nice and straight now and the overall size and shape look pretty accurate as well. The only things I noticed were really minor (Again, with the nitpicking :roll: )
    The Federation emblems on the top and bottom are two different colors, I think they should be the same.

On the bottom side, inboard of the engine nacelles, the blue panels don't line up across parts. Maybe those parts are on upside down, since they look like they might match up if inverted.

Thanks for all your hard work and time invested to date. Will you please let us know when and where it will be available?

Thanks again,

ARMORMAN Guest

Thanks for the input.

The color variations are dure to the fact that when I printed out the pages to build the prototype, my red and yellow decided not to work (so I hand colored it).

As far as the alignment is concenerned, thanks for taking note of it and I'll try to fix it in the next rev.

5. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

Sorry, the model looks fantastic. I'm more real space
    oriented, but always have a little space for a good design. Whenever your ready, send it up and I can post it. Oh, and an unpainted nautilus is here:

I'm always looking for improvements and/or alternate
    interpretations. It would be great to publish a Nautilus 1.1
  6. ButchPrice

ButchPrice Member

cool links, but I don't care for ninjatoes
    distribution system.
    I think that sites should respect the use of auto-downloaders. Not plan to make them unusable.
    The "Click 6 links to get to the goods"
    concept will run many people off.
    I know it does me. 2 clicks is enough.

I realize ninjatoes may not have any alternative.
    I appreciate the release of the files either way.
    I still plan to build them all. Thank you ninjatoes!

I use the autodownloader for 1 single reason.
    Speed. On a dial up connection, the file splitting
    and multiple sequence downloads make the slow
    speed of my isp "almost" tolerable.

ARMORMAN Guest

I'm currently working on redesigning some parts and accurizing some of the detail. Will let all know when it's ready.

Also, somewhere in there, I have to make the assembly directions.

Bill :wink: