Deep woods effect

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by mike franks, Dec 8, 2002.

1. mike franks

mike franks New Member

Before I plant some trees I was looking for a way to get a deep woods effect.I'm sampling with aluminum screen,coarse and fine turf, but not working very well.
    Does anyone have any Ideas that maybe I could use?
    Thanks for any help.
  2. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

I'm going to make a bunch of assumptions about scale, and size of wooded area. Tyson Rayles posted pics of the "forested" areas on the Nantahala Midland. You might be able to adapt the process to your needs.
  3. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Mike, emailed you about this.

4. mike franks

mike franks New Member

Sorry guys for lack of information. It's HO scale the area is about aten foot length on a ridge.It's gonna take alot of trees to plant to get a wooded effect ,but also there will be blue sky in the back ground making it look like the woods stop in a narrow row.
    The effect i would like to have is woods justt a little deeper.
    Hope that helps I appreciate the input you have given me.
    Thanks again ,Mike Franks
  5. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Mike, Try painting a treeline on the backdrop first, use a sponge cut to appropriate shape and use several shades of green. Add some grey/brown trunks. This does not need to be detailed. Plant a row of large trees in front of the backdrop, and smaller ones in front of them. Undergrowth in front of all. 4 or 5 inches should be all you need to achieve convincing depth.