Decoder for N Scale LL/Walthers Proto C-Liner

Discussion in 'DCC & Electronics' started by Dobber2419, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Dobber2419

Dobber2419 New Member

Hi everyone - first time poster, long time lurker!

Anyway, I received an N-Scale LL/Walthers Proto C-Liner A&B unit (Milwaukee Road) as a Christmas gift, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations/suggestions on a DCC decoder for it. The specs state it is split-frame, DCC ready with isolated motor, and I believe it is plug & play for a drop in decoder (have not taken the shell off yet), but I have not seen any decoders that are specifically made for it.

Does anyone have any experience with the n scale Proto units that could point me in the right direction?

2. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Dobber2419:wave:, WELCOME TO THE GAUGE!:D

i am sorry, i am not familiar with who makes decoders for N scale engines:oops:(i model in HO). HOWEVER, the FIRST thing that comes to mind though is to check out the Digitrax website, i would think they would have N scale decoders that would fit that engine;). i hope some N scalers see this post and give a helping hand:thumb:. :D -Deano
  3. NYNH&H

NYNH&H Member

Call Tony's, and they will help you select the best decoder for your loco. You should be able to order it right then and there over the phone, so you can get it quickly! I am also an HO modeller, so I have not much of a clue about N scale decoders. :D
  4. Dobber2419

Dobber2419 New Member

Thanks for the replies fellas! I will give Tony's a call and have them hook me up.