Deck Patterns

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gil, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Gil

Gil Active Member

Hi All,

Spent some time looking at using Photoshop to develop ships decking. The following is an example from this work. The pattern is shrunk and saved as a pattern and can then be used to fill geometric outline areas. Haven't looked at the exact plank dimensions but the effect seems to work well...,

2. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

That is great! I've been thinking about something similar, i.e. using patterns, for vintage aircraft interior and structures (bulkheads, longerons, etc.).

A very quick tutorial on how to use patterns, and where to find them would be much appreciated indeed. If you could just give us a hint in the right direction.

Gratefully, Leif
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

4. Gil

Gil Active Member

Just tried doing a few spars as vector masks. Put the horizontals on one layer and the verticals on a second. Applied the wood effect to each. Works great! Make each a little wider so it can be embossed to give the 3D relief of a spar. This stuff is endless...,

5. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Thanks Gil, for both tips and resources. Very valuable, not least the source for wood textures.

As for tutorials, I must say I would be very grateful for continued sharing of specific tutorials or tips on how to achieve, as simply as possible, textures and stuff specifically needed by us paper modelers, be it ships or aircrafts.

If any of us solves a specific problem and describes how it was done, it is bound to be immensely more valuable than more general tutorials.

Gratefully, Leif