Decalling is easy!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Ralph, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Decaling is easy!

Hi all!

I've been putting off decorating this formerly undecorated GP9 because I had no experience with decals. I found a set of PC locomotive decals at my LHS and decided to give it a try. Piece of cake! The instructions told me that some geeps wore the red P logo so I went with that so I wouldn't waste the all white ones I want for other projects later. Here's how it came out.

Attached Files:

2. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

That looks great Ralph. Now that you got started you can continue with the rest of you stuff.
  3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Looks Great !! Nice work!
  4. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Always hadda place in my heart for Penn Central's "Wrestlin' Worms" logo. Great work...
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

That came out real nice Ralph :)
  6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Good looking work Ralph.

7. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Ralph, if decalling were hard, I couldn't do it.
    Just watch out for sets past their sell-by date. :D
    and also for Walthers' PC steam loco set.
  8. Blake

Blake Member

That looks great! If you would like some unsolicited advice that could make it even easier, try using Microscale products. I have found that by using Microscale clear gloss before decaling is the way to go regaurdless of what kind of paint you use. Then if you use Micro-set and Micro-sol (Microscale products) in the decaling process, they actually react with the clear gloss almost rendering the film invisible even before the final clear coat is applied.
  9. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Thanks for the comments everybody! Blake, I appreciate the advice. I'll give it a try.
  10. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Nice job Ralph! That's a great colour scheme too!