Decal Application

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by AE86 Drifter, Jun 15, 2004.

1. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

how do you apply your decals?
    Does anyone know of a solution besides Windex that assists in applying stickers and then dries like a sticker is supposed to?
    I have used windex before and it works well, especially on hoods.
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

On curvs, i sorta heat it up so it "fourms" to the body. I have a while RCCA about it, ill relay it to you when i find it.
  3. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

yeah i have done that but it is a risk cause sometimes i get carried away with the heat and ruin the decal
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Try sliceing it in places to help it curve.
  5. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

yeah i do that but on hood it really throws off the carbon pattern!
  6. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

On a hood you dont really need to cuve it much. Here. Ill try and find that mag... its REALLY old but its good.
  7. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

If you have it its issue 7 - 96 told ya its old. If not, heres the tips (im just gona sum up).

1. Clean body. To get it extra clean use denatured alcohol. And wash your hands.
    2. Cut out the stickers With the backing.
    3. Do each sticker for each side at the same time. Do one sticker, then the same one of the other side. Dont finish one side, then do the other.
    4. Remove a part of the backing for the sticker, so you can apply part, then see where the rest will lie before you stick it.
    5. use a hair dryer to soften the sticker... dont do it for but a few seconds as it can do the same to lexan.
    6. Autographics has a "sticker on" product that lets you stick it then move it around and get all the bubbles out.
    7. Slice buckles to help it stay on curves.
    8. Burnish the sticker with the orignal backing

Hope that helps.
  8. Dags

Dags Guest

That actually answered my big question for the day! Thanks a lot SpArKeY.