Dec. 7 Weekly Photo Fun

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by doctorwayne, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Did you do that with the pattern stamp tool? Looks pretty good"

Charlie, I went into My documents, clicked on the edit icon to get to "Paint" and then used the "paint brush" and "spray can" to cover over all the Summer green foliage and the greenish mountain in the backdrop. Everything white in that shot is added on. I especially like the broad spray option that creates the flying snow. :) Its a little crude but I had fun. I might make another...

2. Dr. John

Dr. John Member

Nice pics, everyone! Thanks for sharing.
  3. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Great photos everyone!

I'm still working on this corner of my layout, so if these houses look familiar, that's because they are!! I have now set them in position and added utility poles and a streetlight which is placed on what we up here call a boulevard. That's the grass strip between the sidewalk and the road. I'm told it's also called a median strip.

Unfortunately, no one makes a combination utility pole/streetlight that actually lights up, so I had to bash this one into submission LOL! Its a Wathers pole, with a hole drilled into it to accept their wall-mounted lamp. The hole is large and must be very carefully centered so as not to destroy the plastic pole.

In the foreground you can see the wall around the apartment building yard. For this shot I set the camera right on the layout, to get that LPB viewpoint.

4. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Looks good, Val, but you need to get your LPBs a LPM (little plastic mower) - the city expects the homeowner to keep it neat. ;):-D

5. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

UP (ex-SP) GP60 Sighting

Caught this one while sitting at the stop light on the hill overlooking Davidson's Repair. They must be doing contract work for UP, patching the ex-SP diesels. UP wasted no time getting it into service, as the other picture was taken after I got my deliveries done at the paint factory, with that same GP60 hooked to a local traffic normally serviced by Norfolk Southern. But Davidson is clearly not done with the unit yet since it still carries the old SP 9735 number boards. Just never know what you'll see running the rails nowadays.

Attached Files:

6. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Great Pics Everyone:thumb: Well Done..Keep em comin!

Eastbound about to pass under the Hiway 41 overpass.
  7. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Herc Driver, howd you make your roads, they look great.​
  8. qa&pfan

qa&pfan New Member

Nice pics everyone!!! Thanks for sharing and giving me lots of new ideas.
  9. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

The roads were made with drywall compound as a base coat, then vinyl compound (sometimes called vinyl spackling) as a skim - or top - coat. The vinyl sands a lot better and smoother for Nscale roads than the drywall compound, plus has more elasticity. The breaks in the road were from the original drywall compound attempt, and looked real enough that I left them as is. The entire road system is then painted with india ink and chalks used for tire marks.
  10. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Highway 41? As in US41? I grew up just south of the northern terminus of it.
  11. chessie4155

Yes US 41 , runs from Chicago to Florida...Killer 41 as it was known when I was a kid.
  12. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Good one Wayne!! Unfortunately the LPB's are going to have to wait until the LPHS (Little Plastic Hardware Store) is finished and open for business! sign1

13. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

I'm surprised that the LPC (little plastic cat) hasn't dug it all up, although I guess flowerbeds are their specialty. :rolleyes: :-D Some HO scale Round-Up would do the job.

14. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

hello all---here's a couple of shots of Doctor Wayne's beautiful steam locomotives taken during a recent photo shoot on the EG&E

15. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Just a tad bit of Christmas spirit from my layout. Obviously the blue foam is just the framework for later scenery...

Attached Files:

16. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

REAL NICE SHOTS/STUFF, so far this week folks:thumb::mrgreen:

An SD7 & GP7 at work.
    :deano: -Deano
  17. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Actually, runs from Copper Harbor MI, to Key West FL. Very cool that its on your layout!
  18. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Lots of good pics here. I'll add one of mine.

19. chessie4155

Ah ok , All I ever knew was it went to Chicago..thanks for the info..
  20. w8jy

w8jy Member

Val, the more I look at those houses, the more convinced I am that they are real! Trying to pass the real thing off as models? Now if you had me build them for you, everyone would know they are models!

Great job!