Dec. 28 Weekly Photo Fun

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Great shots everyone!:thumb:

Deano- I love ALCo's, too!:mrgreen: Man, I'd get one of those BLI's too if the price wasn't so high!:eek: Oh yeah, and the fact I have a special girl I like to take out occasionaly:twisted::mrgreen:

Remember the B&O consolidation I posted on last week's Weekly photo fun? Well, it broke, a major disapointment for me (it was a Spectrum, after all):cry: However, I was able to exchange it for another Spectrum Consolidation, this time a UP engine!:mrgreen:
Picture_0454.JPG

this one also came with a different tender, which I think is cooler:mrgreen::
Picture_0453.JPG

UP 618 is my first steam engine (to last over an hour:rolleyes:), my first engine to REALLY be equiped with DCC ( I thought my BL2 was, but it turned out not to), my first UP engine (or UP related thing on my layout for that matter:mrgreen:), and my first engine to have a three-digit number!
BTW, I thought you guys might like to see one of my presents from the 25th this year:mrgreen::
Picture_0456.JPG

I got it up with my dad a few days ago, and finaly esablishes part of the basement for trains!:mrgreen: Here's a closer look:
Picture_0455.JPG

Keep them comming!:thumb:

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
not a good pic, but here it is anyway.
Wow! Those two guys cleaned that place out!!! Looking through the windows, you can quite clearly see that there's nothing left! As only the guy on the left has a little bag in his hand, it makes me wonder... did they load it all up into a truck in the back and then when the cops pulled up, they made a run for it out the front? Shouldn't the police dog be helping with the bust or did he really have to go that bad?

Sarge_7

Sep 30, 2007
Fort Sill, OK
It was at Porter Junction, in Chesterton IN. About 5 lines converge here, mostly Conrail, with one line Chessie, and another I only saw a daily Amtrack train. It was a very busy place back in the 80's. Don't know about now. I know the tower was torn down long ago. I remember one of the first times we were there, we went inside and they let me through the switches:mrgreen:

Sarge_7

Sep 30, 2007
Fort Sill, OK
Here is another long forgotten depot. This one was on the N&W in Valparaiso IN, a couple of blocks from my house. It is long gone now too:cry:

N&W Depot 01.jpg

N&W Depot 02.jpg

N&W Depot 03.jpg

And here is an old Pennsy station that was being used by Amtrack for the Broadway Limited and a daily commuter to Chicago. Don't know if the station is still there, but I think both trains are gone now.

Pennsy Station.jpg

riverotter

Midwest Alliance Rail Sys
Jun 9, 2005
Near Kansas City, MO
4 Locomotives

This one's from 8/05 - I'd been back in the hobby only 4 months and was still buying anything I liked. Only the SP Black Widow diesel is left on the roster out of this group of locomotives... <Sniff> I've also moved on to Code 83 track... Here's to an even better 2008!

FourLocomotivesAug12-05_4484S.JPG

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
Wow! Those two guys cleaned that place out!!! Looking through the windows, you can quite clearly see that there's nothing left! As only the guy on the left has a little bag in his hand, it makes me wonder... did they load it all up into a truck in the back and then when the cops pulled up, they made a run for it out the front? Shouldn't the police dog be helping with the bust or did he really have to go that bad?

the blue building is a karate school, supposed to be an open floor space to practice...lol the robber with the bag ran out of the other building.. if you look that one just happens to be a army surplus store, the crook opted to give up rather then take some of the guns there and shoot it out....lol

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Here's one for Ralph and all the other fans of the Penn Central: some PC geeps, including a "B"-unit, on TH&B trackage in Hamilton, Ontario, circa mid-'70s. The train is bound for Buffalo, NY. Note that the first car in the train appears to be an empty flat, although the presence of stakes may indicate some plate steel. As I recall, this train was 60 or 70 cars long.
img278.jpg

Wayne

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Nice solid-looking tower, Charlie, and that sign, which probably made a good souvenir for someone, looks like it's one of those older cast metal types.

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
While trying to catch up on the forums, I've been seeing a lot of PC stuff lately(i know Ralph is happy:thumb: ). here's all the PC i have:eeki::119::eek:ops: .
:deano: -Deano
pcbox.JPG

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
NICE SHOT MARK!!!:thumb::mrgreen:

**OK, last one for the night, one more for you "Eastern Road" guys:winki: , how about a "turtle roof" PRR:mrgreen: .
:deano: -Deano
pensey.JPG

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Deano....great job on those cars!!!:thumb: How about giving us a closer look at that structure?

Charlie...cool pics....love that sign!:thumb:

Mark.....nice shot! (as usual):thumb:....What camera do you use, if I may ask?

DeckRoid

Apr 28, 2007
Caldwell, ID
... the grade crossing sign near by. This was in 1977, early Conrail.
Charlie

Thank you so much for posting that crossing sign pic. I scaled it down, printed it out and now have one on my layout! I will post pics in 2 weeks when we get back. (heading to the Oregon Coast for storm watching and maybe some fishing!)

I have been looking for Pre WW II, WW II and Post War/Early '50's signs, vehicles, etc. etc. for my layout. My Better Half asked why I need things from before 1955 and I said that everything shouldn't be new and shiny.

George