"Deadliest Catch" ships?

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Hey, I'm looking for the crab boats from the Discovery Channel show "Deadliest Catch". Can anybody tell me where to find models of the Time Bandit, Northwestern, Cornelia Marie, Early Dawn, Maverick, or any of the other boats on that show? I like the color schemes of the Time Bandit and Maverick, so I'd say those are the top priority, but any of them is fine.
  2. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

Sounds like a great project. I love workboats (Tugs and Fishing Vessels). I tried to find some images of the boats online and there are a few. I can't find any models of them however. I'm hoping someone may have better luck then me.
  3. Millenniumfalsehood

Can you imagine doing 100 little pods for each ship? :eek: Nevertheless, I'm game for that.
  4. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Sigh...WHY IS IT EVERYTHING I HAVE THAT IS A SEA KIT A PIRATED ONE! Sigh.....I'm sorry I can't help in the legal zone. I can try to find some free unpirated kits.
  5. LeeAnne

LeeAnne New Member

Time Bandit

I realize that this thread is almost 2 years old, but had to comment, having looked into the same...

I found that Time Bandit plans were loaned to a modeler in Alaska, who built a nice model of her for the owner, as I recall. But the plans are not available elsewhere. Still, she's not a complicated vessel. If anyone wants to try one of the 'Deadliest Catch' crab boats, let me know and I'll share the photos and data I have, all of which came off the Internet some time ago.

Lee Anne
  6. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

7. Millenniumfalsehood

Like I said, I'm game to try. Gimmie a PM. :cool:
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Active Member

OH - do a design thread so we can follow along with ya :) what scale you going for? This genre is seriously under represented :)
  9. Millenniumfalsehood

I'm not sure. Whatever scale would end up with a 8-10" model. Probably 1:100 or thereabouts.