Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Blades, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blades

Blades New Member

Hi all. I sorta stumbled into the world of card modelling while looking for new paper airplane designs (the flying variety :D ). It caught my interest almost immediately and I can see that modelling can get pretty addictive. I'm in the process of moving into a new house with my small family (wife & 2 yr. old daughter) so haven't had much chance to build anything really complex just yet. Larger models would probably just get crushed in the move :lol: . I've got plenty of models saved ,printed and ready to go as soon as I have a little more time and space to work with. Enough spacecraft, real and imagined, plus some miscellaneous designs to keep me busy for some time.
    Hopefully, I'll have some pieces to show off in the near future.
  2. Texman

Texman Guest

Howdy Blades,

Always good to see new folks coming in. Means the hobby is growing.
    Kick off yer shoes, make yurself at home. Good folks, good modelling,
    lots of learnin and sharin goes on, so enjoy!

3. barry

barry Active Member

Look forward to seeing them

4. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Welcome to the forums. Yes...paper modeling is addictive. I started when I was looking for WWI aircraft models and could not find any locally. I decided to check the internet, came across Fiddlers Green and the rest is history.

You mentioned you were looking for flyable paper aircraft. Don't know if you have come across this site yet or not -- -- but his designed are made for flying. All the pink title box are free downloads. Trotskiy will generally have four or five models available at any one time and releases different one periodically thoughout the year.

I have yet to figure out what the yellow and blue boxes are for, but if you find out, let me know. 8v)

Again, welcome.
  5. Blades

Blades New Member

Thanks Ashrunner, I hadn't found that one yet. He's got some pretty nice planes there. The J7W1 Shinden is a model I've been looking everywhere for. It's one of the coolest planes to come out of WWII. I've been building high performance planes of the Whitewings variety for the better part of my life. I'm enjoying finding something a little different.
  6. Blades

Blades New Member

The Shinden is one of his free models, but it still has a password. My Japanese is pretty rusty, any idea as to what it is?
  7. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Can't remember if it is case-sensitive, but it works on all the planes I have!

Tim P
  8. Blades

Blades New Member

9. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Sorry about the password thing...I spaced it...hehe. But am glad you found a plane you have wanted. Remember to check back with the site every so often to get his most recent release.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.