De-Havilland Comet

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by amesmj, Jul 9, 2009.

1. david lake

david lake Member

Hello Martin, I thank you for the paper model but i can't find it - where do i have to go to get it and what is it ? i am very intrigued. Back to you.
  2. amesmj

amesmj New Member

HI David, I hav'nt sent you a model, but if you check the top right hand corner of your screen it says "Private Message"(PM), just click on it.
  3. david lake

david lake Member

Hello again Martin. So sorry for my ignorence to these terms i thought PM was short for paper model :cry: I have looked for the message and it says i have NO PM's to read. Back to you.
  4. amesmj

amesmj New Member

I've sent you another David.
  5. david lake

david lake Member

Hello Martin. You i feel are a friend to me and thank you for your message which i managed to actually read. Thank you for taking time to do that. How are you going on with your eyes ? I hope you are resting them and you must do this like my father did and when you have them sorted out you will be like new again, it was great to see my dad being able to continue with his model making, sadly he is no longer with us but he will be making models i am sure up there in the clouds... quite good to know because of his love for aircraft. One of his other favourite aircraft was the Avro Lancaster and the Supermarine Spitfire, but if the aircraft had props on it he was usually happy with that. I can see him sitting down with all the plastic shavings and dust on his lap, and the woderfull smell of liquid poly glue, he smoked too much though and this is what sent him to heaven prematurely. I often wonder how many aircraft he has missed out on since he went, and his thoughts on paper modelling too. Here's me writing you a book. Sorry if i go on a bit, i never know when to shut up so the lady wife tells me. Back to you.
  6. amesmj

amesmj New Member

Hi David, I don't wish to sound like I'm telling you off, but any messages that are not related to the thread should be sent via "Private Messages", this is one of the things I've been trying to explain.
  7. david lake

david lake Member

Hello Martin. You are fine with what you say to me there, i am always being told off by my wife for being lets say a triffle slow on the up-take and one of my main problems is sheer lack of memory - well short term memory, yet i can remember things from the past like no-mans business. Things aren't what they used to be... I used to do software testing for a major company involved with the making of the SRB's {Solid Rocket Boosters} for the Space Shuttle, but now i find simply using one of these computers a task, it's not an age thing more a health problem but i muddle through and get things all wrong sometimes worse than others. Back to you.
  8. arvivlx

arvivlx New Member

good build u got there, nice job!
  9. Dr. Aerospace

Dr. Aerospace New Member

Martin, that Comet build looks great. I hope to see more when you get back to it. Where or from whom is that model available? I'd love to download or purchase it. Thanks!
  10. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Wow. Stunning work on both planes. Thumbs way, way, way up! :thumb:
  11. teddy_ho

teddy_ho New Member

great job... i like that bro....