DCS100 & Turnout help

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
Hey all,

I've been digging through the forums and my DCC books and I must be totally missing something here. My turnout (only 1 connected atm) isn't working.

Here's a quick rundown.
I've got Digitrax DCS100 with a power bus running under the table. I've got a 4 track feeders so far tapped in.

I also have one feeder running to Atlas remote turnout switches with one switch connected now. When I try to through the switch, all I get a little buzz from the switch motor.

I'm guessing it's either under powered or over powered and I should probably use a seperate power supply just for the turnout controls, but no idea what I should be using for it.

I'm gonna keep reading around but any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do. Do you have a decoder wired to the turnout? Or are you trying to use track power to throw the turnout? You should use a seperate power supply to throw your turnouts. If you are not interested in using DCC (decoders) to throw turnouts, you can use either ac or dc to throw the turnouts with the Atlas switches or other switches of your choice. If you want to thow the turnouts with your DCC throttle, I'll leave it to others to advise, although I use the DCS100 also, I have no interest in using it for my turnouts.

Good luck, Gary

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
I managed to get it working. I went to Radio Shack and picked up a 12v/500mA ac-dc power adapter, and it works like a charm. I'm starting of doing the manual remote switches and will eventually will upgrade it the CTI system.