Dcc

Can anyone comment on the Atlas Commander DCC System?? I don't plan to run more than two trains on my layout at a time. But I will have a reversing loop, so would like to use an auto reverse module, I don't know if the atlas system will be compatible with with that or not. Any advise would again be highly appreciated. AT&SF Duey :) :) :D

C

Catt

The ATLAS system is basically a Lentz (sp) system.If the Lentz is compatible so would the ATLAS be.

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
I've been researching this quite a bit, planeshavings42. If you can hang on for a few months, Digitrax is coming out with a new system called ZEPHYR. It will be their introductory model, in about the same price range as Atlas, but offer more features, and be totally compatible with all of their other models.

I'm no expert on DCC or anything, that's just what I've been reading and hear people saying. I'm waiting for it, at any rate.

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
I agree with Mike and Terry - wait for the Zephyr!

If you want sound, you really want the Zephyr - it has more functions, which allow more sound control.

IF the Zephyr lives up to its announced features, it should blow away the MRC and Atlas systems!

- George