Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Trains, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Trains

Trains New Member

We are running DC right now. Thinking about DCC is it worth all the trouble?
    I been reading about it on three differant forums and it seems like people have a
    lot of problems with it.
  2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

In my opinion, DCC is much easier than DC when it comes to wiring and operating. Check the DCC forum hereat the Gauge for more information.
  3. Knifeguy

Knifeguy New Member

Trouble? I wouldn't use that word, if anything DCC is much easier to wire.
    Cost is your deal breaker. DCC engines cost a little more but a good quality engine, DCC ready isn't much more than without. And then you have to figure out which controller you want. Too me, its a no brainer, you have better control, freedom, and can run multiple engines on the same line. Well worth it. Some will disagree.

By the way, I have seen, its usually the "old timers" who disagree. Sorry guys. :oops:
  4. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

TC I have to think that I am an old timer and had more than my share of cab control with all those DPDT switches. I took the move to DCC cautiously but I am very pleased I did. It makes model railroading that much closer to the prototype.
  5. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

I've operated a DCC layout and use DC on my own. There is a lot more wiring with DC (when the layout gets bigger) and DCC lets you run the trains after you get the bugs out.
    A bit of care and planning (especially if you get all new stuff) will eliminate most of the problems.