DCC installation in Spectrum N scale 2-8-0

Discussion in 'DCC & Electronics' started by capt_turk, Jan 4, 2005.

1. capt_turk

capt_turk Member

Anyone know where there is an installation guide for the Bachmann Spectrum N scale 2-8-0. It's engine number 2506 and came in the 24121 item number steam set. It's one of the newer ones that says it is DCC ready. I can't find a socket, and would like to know which decoders would work best in this loco. The installation guides I have found seem to be for the older ones that have to be hard wired.:confused:
  2. rksstl

rksstl Member

I'm not positive on that loco but you'll probably have to hard wire it. Mfg's alot will advertise DCC ready when the loco has a split frame and the motor is isolated. You might try contacting Tony's Train Exchange they should be albe to set you up with the right decoder.
  3. Bikerdad

Bikerdad Member

4. capt_turk

capt_turk Member

Thanks for the link. Not having a plug is not what I call DCC ready but what can you do?
  5. Bikerdad

Bikerdad Member

"DCC Ready" implies a different level of readiness in N Scale compared to the larger scales. Kinda bites, but I think it may be due to the lack of space in N scale locos. The only loco I've heard of in N that comes plugged is the new ConCor 2-10-2, in the tender.