DCC diesel issues and help

jsoflo

Feb 16, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Frustration is running high! If anyone can help with a couple of DCC issues I'd appreciate it:
1) I have a Kato Sd40-2 with DCC, it ran fine, no issues, came back next day, power up and the loco is doing nothing. No lights no power. Cleaned wheels, tried reprogramming, nothing. Contact strips are in contact with wheel contacts as required. Pulled cover off, nothing out of ordinary. Any recommendations?

2) I have an Intermountain SD40-2T I installed a digitrax board drop in decoder fo rthat particular model. Had to open up the board holding slots a touch to fit the board. All contact strips are in contact with wheels. When its put on track the lights go on but it will not move. Any guesses?

3) (last one) I have a Kato snoot SD40-2 ran perfect for a long time, now suddenly lights go on but it will not move. Contact strips are good etc. Any guesses?

DCC has been great but these issues come up more often than I'd like so any help that can keep me from these problems in the future is very appreciated.

I also add this comment: just put a DCC board in one of the new Kato SD40-2 Mid productions and it is magical, insanely fine runner, This is what makes this hobby great!

thanks in advance.