DCC Decoders

L

lester perry

I know there is a DCC forum and I posted this there also but thought more would see it here.
I just bought an MRC sound decoder and I am not very happy with it. I can't get a smooth start and the sound will not synchronize with Loco (steam). I am considering a MRC brilliant decoder (steam again) will I have a lot of trouble with it? I have soundtraxx LC and tsunami and have no problems except dirt putting out headlights. Should I just write off MRC?
Les

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
Les I'm not familar with MRC but I have become familar with the soundtraxx tsunami and I know once I modified a few CV's there was a big differnce. Is there any CV's you can change to get better performance?:wave:

pgandw

Jul 9, 2005
All the reports I have read from MRs I respect are down on the MRC Brilliance decoders (although they are standard in Athearn/Roundhouse production with sound). They tend to have a higher defect rate than other manufacturers, and have limited capability to modify the rather generic sound.

But I don't have any personal experience to back this up.

Maybe someone with personal experience will speak up.

jbaakko

Jun 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
rr.blockchoice.com
If you can't find anyone here, Yahoo has some great DCC groups. I'm a member of the NCE one, because I plan to go with NCE, but the MRC one has 1000+ members if I remember right, someone there is very bound to know.

L

lester perry

wickman said:
Les I'm not familar with MRC but I have become familar with the soundtraxx tsunami and I know once I modified a few CV's there was a big differnce. Is there any CV's you can change to get better performance?:wave:
I can't help you with the CV's on the tsumi. I had to return it to shop where I bought it and get some help. The guy programed the whole thing for me. I guess this is a good plug for LHS internet shops can't help here.
Les