DC-6B Water Bomber 1:72, free card model

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Bob43, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Bob43

Bob43 Model Designer Extrodinaire Cornerstone Member

The above can be downloaded from my site Free card model airplane sites .
    I am considering re-making all my models at a scale of 1:144 if there is any interest? It's not just a matter of scaling the old models to 50% - quite a bit of thought must go into it. The Martin Mars will still be BIIIIIGGG!
    Also, I wish to make all sorts of improvements to the existing models - motors, rivetting etc. The pixel nature of the lines and curves will remain (I use MSPaint with some tools from Photoshop, the other software is too expensive for me). I have carefully considered blurring the pixels - looks better - but is by no means more exact.

By the way, does anyone else have the same problems as me: I have to login and give my password 4 times (!) before I can post a New Thread. I click the Remember Me box, but this has no effect.
  2. edi

edi Member

looks very good Bob:thumb:
    alot of thanks for sharing

btw: I build nearly all my planes in 1/144
  3. Bob43

Thanks, Edi,
    It's a matter of space - my wife is threatening me.
  4. dansls1

dansls1 Member

No problems on the signin here, have 2 computers that keep me logged in perpetually. Have you tried clearing all your cookies and trying again?

No real input on the scale issue. IF I were interested in trying a build at 1/144 - I'd probably be fine with taking the original, reducing the size by 50% and seeing what I'd get ;)
  5. Bob43

Thanks Dani,
    Will try removing cookies.
    Strange, I'm on 4 other forums and I have no problems there.
  6. MAJOR

MAJOR Member

:thumb:Nice one Bob, Keep the water bombers coming and the scale as is please, 'coz me fingers can't be dealing with fiddily bits.:eek:
  7. Bob43

Thanks Major,
    I think your right - problem with me, I prefer designing and leave the dirty work to you (like politicians and the military - one designs the war from his armchair, the other does the dirty work). Have you any water bombers in mind? I seem to have dried up.