Davis Trains

skipgear

They are a shop local to me, about 15 minutes away. They are a great source for O scale, LGB and other large scales, decent for HO but pretty light on N scale.

OnTrack

Same here, I've bought from them locally (about 15min from me too), and ordered online they are great, very reliable.

ripvanwnkl

Davis Trains going out of business.

Just learned today at their store in Milford, Ohio that Davis is going out of business and is selling all its inventory at 15% discount prices. Not sure if they're doing the same with their internet business. Sad to see Davis go. They always had good inventory, reasonable prices, and helpful staff.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Just learned today at their store in Milford, Ohio that Davis is going out of business and is selling all its inventory at 15% discount prices. Not sure if they're doing the same with their internet business. Sad to see Davis go. They always had good inventory, reasonable prices, and helpful staff.

SERIOUSLY?!!?!:eek: Aside from some suplies like senic cement and such, ALL my Model Train stuff came from Davis, and I love going there. Where did you learn that they were goin out of buisnuess? It would suck if the nearest hobby shop I had to go to was Johnny's Toys in KY. It's one :curse: of a :curse: @#@#$% pain to get to for me. Plus Davis sells things at lower prices, making them ACTUALY AFFORDABLE for me:rolleyes::p.

ripvanwnkl

Sorry CNWMan. I went to the Davis store in Milford today and was told by employees there that the owner has decided to go out of business. Sad folks everywhere. They're selling inventory at discounted prices, with signs posted that all sales are final, no more repairs either. They're not sure when doors will actually close for good. I feel your pain. It has been my grandson's and my favorite train store for HO models and supplies since we first went there three years ago. Guess we will now go to Johnny's Toys in Covington and DCCTrain which has just opened a small store on Beechmont in Cincinnati.

CNWman

CNW Fan
DCCTrain which has just opened a small store on Beechmont in Cincinnati.

Wait, now there's a hobbyshop that's opening on BEECHMONT?!?!? :eek: That's good, because although my dad hates that street with all of his possible hatred and will only go if need be. Just hope they have DC stuff, too, 'cause my dad's not gettin DCC anytime soon! But still, how am I supposed to find a CNW RS-32 now? Davis has them listed on their website, but all my money is for the new engine shed I need. :cry: