David Flinn

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Bob Collins, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

I thought that those of you who have been here on The Gauge for a spell and have communicated with David Flinn would be interested to know that he is scheduled to go into the hospital this coming week to have a mass removed from his colon. Dave informed me that he will be in the hospital for 7-9 days.

I know that I can speak for many of you out there that we wish Dave the very best and look forward to him rejoining us here on the Gauge as soon as he feels up to it. Our prayers are certainly with you Dave.

Bob Collins
  2. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Bob,
    Thanks for letting us know, give Dave my best wishes for a Speedy recovery, My prayers are with you and your family friend.

3. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

My thanks to you also, Bob.
    My thoughts & prayers go out to Dave as well, & hope that he's back with us as quickly as possible.
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

By all means , the best of wishes for a speedy recovery!
  5. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Dave, My very best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery!

6. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Bob, tell David my thoughts are with him and to "Haste ye back"

7. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Dave, have a speedy recovery, our prayers are with you
  8. Sandia

Sandia New Member

Dave, just think positive and things will work out for you, mine was not as serious as yours, throat cancer of the epoglotis from smoking for 0ver 40 some odd years. Wipped that puppy with 49 radiation treatments and saw the surgeon last week who did the biopsy and said I was clean as a steam engines whistle on a cold day. ( No he didnt say that , I did because I am a steam nut). Good luck and a speedy recovery.
  9. Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan Member

Best wishes Dave for a successful op and a speedy recovery.

Dave Hagan
  10. marty w.

marty w. Member

Best wishes and our prayers are with you.
  11. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Please give Dave my warmest wishes. A little trick to play on the nurses; order apple juice, then hide it. When they ask for a urine sample dump the apple juice in the cup. When they come back to pick it up, hold it up to the light and say, "man, that's cloudy", then throw it back like a shot of whisky and say, "better run that through again!" :D :D :D Prayers are with you from many of us Dave.
  12. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Dave
    Hope to see you back here soon.
    That's a great trick to play on the nurses Jon. Just hope it doesn't backfire.
  13. Bob Collins

My wife is a nurse and I know her well enough to know that she would figure it out very quickly and the next thing you would know is that you were on a regular schedule of 4 gallon enemas:D :D

14. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

My wife's anurse too, she got called in last night. I told her not to go in. She said they are going to give her "double time". I offered her a ride to work. I enjoyed eating at the cafeteria. China buffet, and orange frozen yogert for desert, all for $3. She was earning money faster than I could eat it. Not to worry, I hear ennamas get fun after the first few gallons :rolleyes:
  15. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Southwest Florida's Praying and Wishing the Best, too!
  16. Matt Probst

Matt Probst Member

Dave--Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a speedy return to railroadin'

Matt--Hershey, Pa.
  17. Bob Collins

I received the following message yesterday and pass it along to all of you.

"Surgery was yesterday (Thursday) afternoon and went well. All of the tumor was removed and didn't seem to have spread. Will hear about the pathology next week. He is very sore, but doing okay. Stood up a few minutes today, and can have clear liquids in small amounts. Will keep you posted on his progress. Mary ( Dave's wife)"

I too will pass along any additional information I might get.

18. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Good to hear he's doin OK, we'll continue prayors for good test results and a speedy recovery...
  19. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Good to hear it's going well so far, hopefully things will continue down that same path. :)
  20. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Still here pulling for you, Dave!
    Godspeed to you, my friend!