Dash 9 Loco Parts

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Does anyone know where I can get some sand filler hatches? I lost some of them and need some more. They go on the cab on the hood (2) and one is on the back roof. I need about 6 of them:eek:ops: after sqeezing to hard with the tweezers and they flew in the carpet never to be found again:cry:

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
If you have a shop vac, you may be able to recover those lost parts. Simply remove the nozzle from the hose, stretch a piece of nylon pantyhose over the hose-end of the nozzle, then reassemble. Now vacuum the rug. The pantyhose will prevent the small parts from being sucked into the canister: when you've finished vacuuming, dump the contents of the nozzle onto some newspaper, and sort through the inevitable "fuzzball" with tweezers. I used to do all of my scratchbuilding and detailing in a small room that had (gasp) shag carpeting, and my weekly vacuuming picked up more parts than a trip to the hobbyshop!:D

Wayne

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
doctorwayne said:
If you have a shop vac, you may be able to recover those lost parts. Simply remove the nozzle from the hose, stretch a piece of nylon pantyhose over the hose-end of the nozzle, then reassemble. Now vacuum the rug. The pantyhose will prevent the small parts from being sucked into the canister: when you've finished vacuuming, dump the contents of the nozzle onto some newspaper, and sort through the inevitable "fuzzball" with tweezers. I used to do all of my scratchbuilding and detailing in a small room that had (gasp) shag carpeting, and my weekly vacuuming picked up more parts than a trip to the hobbyshop!:D

Wayne

WOW, that is a good idea. I have very THICK carpeting to in my room and that might just work. I will have to remember that when I loose some small detail parts or screws. I am going to go try that right now, thanks for the GREAT tip Wayne:thumb: :thumb: