darth vader test build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by culpster, Sep 18, 2009.

1. culpster

culpster Member

Started the test build of my model. I am doing a vader build on a carbon chamber type stand. I also added my test of my Han in Carbonite which will be part of the final project. I was happy with the way that came out as well. Anyways, here is the progress. The helmet is actually nicer than it looks in the picture. I just started getting impatient and threw it together.

Attached Files:

2. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

That realy good , Can't wait see it done

Will there be a Bobafett ??
  3. culpster

culpster Member

Stay tuned... Have a few that I am looking to do, right now I just want to finish this one.
  4. ShadowKnight

ShadowKnight New Member

Looks great so far. I'd love to see more figure models available. I've seen a few but they seem to be few and far between. Keep up the design work.

5. fett92

fett92 New Member

Looks great so far! I can't wait to see it finished!
  6. culpster

culpster Member

Updated pics

I am happy with the final outcome... Still finishing the arms and the base and it will be complete. I have had no problems with the build so far. It is many hours to put together, but nothing hard...just the usual "I should have done this part first" kinda of thing. Sorry, I know the helmet is on crooked...It isn't glued yet

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      File size:
      97 KB
    • 2.jpg
      File size:
      72.1 KB
  7. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Great job so far .. When will you be releaseing it ??
  8. culpster

culpster Member

I have to finish it first...Instructions have to be made,etc. Maybe a month or so from now would be the first release. Just guesssing based on the amount of time that I can put into it. After all, this is just a hobby. I will be releasing the Han in Carbonite though this week. Very easy model. Simply a box with the graphics, but I think it turned out pretty good.
  9. culpster

culpster Member

Just need the base made,and cape

Here are some pics...still going to fix that helmet a bit after the base/ Stands 22" with out the base. With base it will stand about 23". I have to say that I love how big it is.

Attached Files:

10. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Looks great! When you release it, I'll probably build a lighting circuit, cut out the orange lights in the base, and put an orange gel beneath it for the true "Carbon Freezing Chamber" motif.

When I look at it, I hear him saying "Join us . . . it is your destiny."

11. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Very nice, Cant wait for the release.
  12. culpster

culpster Member

Another thing that i was thinking of doing was use the base as the battery compartment and put LED lights in the belt and control panel. I will probably do that on the final build. I was really happy with the saber fit in the hand. The saber is just sitting in the hand and can be removed easily.
  13. culpster

culpster Member

Vader build complete

Tonight I will post final pics...For those following this thread stay tuned for the next one coming up...Sneak peak here. Still have to make directions and the labeling of parts, but everything went together exactly as planned. Some very minor art changes and I like this vader helmet much more than the previous version. You will notive that the base changed in the pics when posted. He was just too damn big to make a circle out of one standard piece of paper. Same flavor though. Anyways, here is the sneak peak at the new one I am designing....Captain Rex. Captain Rex should stand about 20" after completion, and yes...He will be holding his guns

Attached Files:

14. ShadowKnight

ShadowKnight New Member

Both designs look great so far. Can't wait to build these for my office at work.

15. mb1701d

mb1701d New Member

Is Lord Vader missing his cape ?
  16. culpster

culpster Member

The size is huge, 24". I will have a cape on final version, but it will take 4 pieces of paper since both sides would need to show black. I used fabric in the final pictures that I will show.
  17. Testostrogen

Testostrogen New Member

Whooo! That looks Awesome!
  18. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Any update on Lord Vader ?
  19. culpster

culpster Member

Still working on it

Haven't had much time to finish it up with work and school lately
  20. kidil

kidil New Member

will it be a .pdo or .pdf file? I would very much like to build one in scale with my 12' inch figures. I always wanted a Vader but I could never afford one...