Danscrew's UHU02 viper

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Danscrew, Jan 20, 2015.

1. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

The piping you have done on this model in simply fantastic. the realism it ads just becomes more evident every time I look at it. I expect you'll be firing them up soon!!

I made a Jet engine for a member, the basic paper model of a Rolls Royce Trent jet engine. He took that base mode. (it's not available, I gave it to him) and the piping he did,d and the frame he made, took that basic model to another level. I honestly consider my part around 30$, considering all the greebling he did, and you have taken this model not way over the top, but far closer to a foundation for "Realism". Parts no added for fill, but parts added that seem to make absolute sense, and should be there. Congrats on that.

I have and will continue to help anyone with design help on a project, but I will not make a complete model for anyone. I just don't have the time. :)

What "Inky" did.
    The basic jet engine

The Engine Exploded:

What he (Inky) did with it:

Thread can be found here: http://www.zealot.com/threads/1-24-kenworth-w900-scratch-built-drop-deck-trailer.172791/
  2. Danscrew

Danscrew Danscrew

Your engine is very cool Zathros....thumbsup

OK....One of the exhaust is completed.
    20160308_221311.jpg 20160308_221334.jpg

And....as promise....a small video
  3. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I like the engine exhaust. May I use that technique when I rebuild my Viper?
  4. McTschegsn

McTschegsn New Member

Great job!!! :)
  5. Danscrew

Danscrew Danscrew

Why not RB. Go ahead and make one better than mine.

Thank's Mc !
    Rhaven Blaack likes this.
  6. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I am not certain if I can make it better than yours, but I can make a one better than I did I did before.
    McTschegsn likes this.
  7. zathros

You engine is perfect!! Every time I look at this model, I am amazed!! Very ingenious and imaginative, with a pinch of how things really look!!
  8. Danscrew

Danscrew Danscrew

Engine exhaust finaly completed 20160310_232034.jpg 20160310_232149.jpg 20160310_232201.jpg 20160310_232229.jpg

The final video

9. zathros

The cockpit looks like all really can move the seat belt harness aside, and climb in, the plenum chambers look like they work too. I am starting to run out of words for this! :)