Danscrew's UHU02 viper

Danscrew

Danscrew
I folks,

Just start my new project.....the magnificient UHU02 viper MK2. I think this will be a very technical build. Plus, if you watch the scale on my cutting board, you will see that I enlarged the model about 2.5 time. So, it will be BIG.

This weekend I cut all the piece of the skeleton.

Stay tune for more updates.....

Attachments

• 20150119_182903.jpg
    20150119_182903.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

silveroxide

UHUO2's viper has very tight tolerances. One of the areas that will give you problems, will be the nose section. I recommend that you do the shell first and as you build the insides, slide the skin over the finished areas and sand or cut to be able to fit the skin. Enjoy the build and your build process.

by the way, I also upscaled mine to about 1/25 scale and it was a pleasure to build as well.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
2.5 times bigger. This is going to be interesting to see!
Silveroxide is right. The tolerances are VERY TIGHT! I found that out the hard way when I use cardstock that was just slightly too thick. I was unable to fit some of the skins on.
I wish you the best of luck with this project and I will be following this thread.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OMG!!! This is SOOO LOVELY!!! Claphands

2.5 bigger means a scale of about 1:20. This is gonna be a hell of a beast, about 42 cm in length. :eek:

It does however provide the possibility to superdetail her and to make a model that has never been seen before.

Silver is right about the nose. This is the most problematic area on a scaled up version. I had to make four of them to find one that fits (somehow), and I enlarged it "only" to 1:32 scale.

Do you plan to put some lights in it (hint - hint ;))?

@ASC Mclaren : Hello there, here comes an almost action figure scale Viper Mk II..! :cool:

Danscrew

Danscrew
I guy's

Thank's for the advises. It will help me if I decide to put the skin on it but I'm not shure of that. This model as a bunch of details and, at this scale, I can put more details. It's a shame to hide them. So, I have the good idea to build my project like a cuteway drawing. This build will be a 3D cutaway project. One side will be complete with the skin and the other side without it. I even have the diorama in mind.

And RF........for the lights......what do you think about it :cool:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Lights in cockpit - check ...
Blinking lights in certain areas of the open fuselage - check ...
Lights for engine test - check ...
Welding light from a knuckle dragger - check ...
Battery compartment disguised as Silveroxide's crash cart - check ...
Ceiling or floor lights for display - check ...

Still thinking!

;)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I love making models bigger. Some of them, like this, really give you a chance to greeble and just make it better, Pieces that were too small to detail become accessible. Very cool ideaa! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I am not sure why the tolerances would change. If the model is scaled up, one must use a paper properly compensated by it's thickness to match the model. This could mean laminating. If you could make the model blank, and laminate on the finish outside pieces, the ability to make a virtually seamless model is open to you. Just an opinion. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That looks SWEET!!!
I am still thinking of how to do this with the Thunder Fighter.

McTschegsn

Watching with interest as the Viper is on my list as well... I still am a bit afraid of building UHUs models ;)