Danish Model

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Ah yes, now I see DSB is Danish State Railway (B fer railway??? :) ) Anywho yes, I am very very interested indeed! Especially if it runs Jens Paulsen (my grandfather) and Pete Knudsen immigrated from Denmark as white slave blacksmith apprentices. That sure violates every aspect of political correctness! I have many handmade treasures those guys hammered out in Turin, IA. I've been restoring my fathers childhood wagon his dad made for him. Can I send you a money order or should I deal directly with the hobby shop?

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
Originally posted by jon-monon
Ah yes, now I see DSB is Danish State Railway (B fer railway??? :) )

DSB = Danske Statsbaner ;)

and, if someone else is interested in european railways...

SNCB/NMBS = Societé Nationale des Chemins de Fer Belges / Nationale Maatschappij van Belgische Spoorwegen (Belgie)
CFL = (Societé Nationale des) Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois (Luxembourg)
DB = Deutsche Bahn (AG) (Germany)
FS = Ferrovie dello Stato (Italy)
NS = Nederlandse Spoorwegen (Holland)
NSB = Norges Statsbaner (Norvege)
BBÖ = Bundesbahn Österreich (Austrie)
MAV = Magyar Àllamvasutak (Hungary)
SJ = Svenska Statens Järväger (Sweden)
SBB/CFF/FFS = Schweizerische Bundesbahnen (Switzerland)
SNCF = Societé Nationale des Chemins de fer Francais (France)
BDZ = Bulgarski Darzavenei Zeleznitsi (Bulgary)
VR = Yhtymä Oy (Finnland)
RENFE = Red Nacional de los Ferrocarriles Españoles (Spain)
CP = Caminhos do fer Portuges (Portugal)

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
Glad to be of help, Tom ;)

But, as surely you will have catch by now, really I'm not Twain, and I also have troubles with such well established language as the english is! :eek:

Typos apart, I always have a bad time with the english Countries' names. I just have realized that there are not:
"Belgie", but Belgium;
"Austrie", but Austria;
"Norvege", but Norway; and
"Finnland", but Finland.

My apologies to all nationals involved... :eek: :p :D

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
I've been working on my own articulated Double Headed Monkey.

Progress has been slow, but I've attached front porches from GP9's to the fronts of LL F-7's and rearranged the fans on the roofs. Now I have to stretch the GP9 Winterization Hatches and add them.

The chasis is almost done....

Take a look at The Tin Goat

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Ron, I'm glad you posted that, I couldn't remember for the life of me who was working on that project. Musta been at least 6 months since I saw the site and we talked about it. If you need some detail shots of the :eek: :eek: Danish Model :eek: :eek: I would be happy to provide them, once the model arrives :)

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
Sheesh, Jon, she looked better in real life than she does in the photo. I, um, hope you don't mind, but, um, I took her out for a little "test spin" before they sent her to ya'... I swear though, it was purly a friendship thing--I never touched her!...:p Well, actually, I touched her, but nothing happened!... I never had relations with that model!...

Tom F

Se was kinda' cute though...:p And fast...