Danger Newbie Alert....

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by craig, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig

craig New Member

Hi everyone yes I'm a newbie here so I thought I would just say hello to you all.
    I have a first question: I am receving as an Xmas present from my Wife a KYO ULTIMA, does anyone have any info on this particular off road RC? good, bad, pics infact anything that I will find useful or intresting or anything I should avoid? Maybe the KYO ULTIMA itself should be avoided... Thanks in advance!
  2. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

Welcome craig! I dont know alot about the ultima, but give smemore info like the price and motor etc and well give you some opinions...
  3. craig

craig New Member

This is the problem mate, as I haven't actually been given it yet I know nothing about it. I am still being treated like a child by my Wife... I am not allowed the present until Xmas day :(
    The only thing I do know that she has told me is that its an Ultima and its the off road buggy type, which came as two boxes which includes, fuel, battery packs, radio control and the car itself.
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

i read in a mag the new kyosho Ultima buggies are as good as the associated and losi.they are also priced about the same.
    want to check it out just click here www.kyosho.com
    also that is a great x-mas gift.trust me.
  5. Ya, I just bought a nice used Kyosho Ultima EP off Ebay. It runs great. I imagine your Ultima is a GP, I found some info for both the electric and nitro Ultima at:
    http://www.kyosho.com/cars/kyod92-94.html
    hope this helps with some basic Info.
  6. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

Ahhhh rc cars for christmas by your wife are you alive or in heaven? ....... I wonder, dont pinch yourself you might wake up!
  7. craig

craig New Member

LOL Only a week or so now before the waiting is over....I feel like a ten year old child again :D
  8. craig

craig New Member

Heres another daft question, but.... Does anyone have any idea what speeds can be reached with the Ultima petrol version ?
  9. craig

craig New Member

Ok the wait is finally over :D My Wife bought me a Kyosha Ultima RB so if anyone can now shed some light on this car (advantages/disadvantages) or have any general info on it eg...Speeds that can be reached I would be very grateful.
    Finally, sorry its a bit late but MERRY XMAS Everyone !
  10. Huskergreg

Huskergreg New Member

I have the 80's version of the Ultima. I love it. I used to race it all the time. I did real well. I usally was in the top 3 out of a 10 or better car field. I still drive mine all the time. Mine is the electric version. If I had the gearing right I could see actual speeds of 22 mph with a stock motor and stock 6 cell battery. I heard of speeds of over 75 mph if you jumped up to the modified classes. You should be real happy with this car. I am very happy with mine and am thinking about getting another one but, the newer electric version.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.