Dakar vehicles

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by Mindaugas, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Bernie

Bernie Member

Bowdenja, Mindaugas, thank you for your nice words targeted to my models /will forward to them :)/

Let me give you a story how the pictures of Tatra "desert placed" were taken.
    I live in between Brno and Slavkov /Austerlitz - 1805 Napoleon´s win in battle of 3 Kaisers/. Close to Austerlitz there is a golf court where clouse to hole nr 9 is a place where stored bunker-sand /simply stopped my car there and landed my Tatra on sand-dump and started to take a pictures. Of course golf-players finishing there their stage nr 9 did not absolutely understand what that guy is doing over there :).
  2. hpept

hpept Member

ehi bernie, i'm amazed at looking at your model on the dunes... the only thing it betrays it's a model is the sand grains size. :-o
    Wonderful model.
  3. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Everybody - thank you for comments and answers. Now I think, that I know everything I need to know. Thank you all!!

Bernie: I do really like your models! ;) And that story about dunes is very interesting :) I know the battle of Austerlitz very well, because recently I learnt about it during history lessons. I imagine, how interesting you looked, when making photos of the Tatra in dunes :twisted: :roll:
    I hope, that one day I will make a photo of Dakar model in my local sandbox..

By the way. These photos look like in real dunes. Those photographies are very professional.

I showed that Tatra to my friends and they were greatly amazed.

And.. every year I am going to ski in Tatry mountains.

Thats all. Good luck!
  4. spida

spida New Member

This is mi new paper model
    Tatra 815 VT 26 265 8x8.1 DAKAR 88
  5. Fluke69

Fluke69 New Member

6. spida

spida New Member