D. YOUNGS Machinery Wholesaler

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Supposedly at one time the tall ornamental building was a carriage factory until the automobile came on the scene forcing bankruptcy.
The abandoned building was purchased by David Youngs who then made several additions in order to have more room to run his wholesale machinery shop.
This building is named after David Youngs, NARA member#79
When finished it will be located in industrial alley adjacent to the Fullard Glass factory.
As usual I start with a corrugated cardboard base.

Attachments

• ym.jpg
    ym.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 475

Tyson Rayles

O.K. Robin, enough is enough! :eek: Fess up, who are the other 20 some people who are helping you build these fantastic structures in such rapid fire order????? Name names now, you hear!!!!! :D :D :D :D

jon-monon

I have a theory. He, back in his styrene days, musta spilled a whole bottle of CA on his lap and glued himself to the chair in the kitchen. Then he soon ran outa styrene, and being in the kitchen, he had to learn to do with cardboard. Can't sleep glued to a chair, so he works 24/7. That, or he's got 8 arms. A band of elves. Lepricons? :D :D :D

Quanity and quality!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Originally posted by jon-monon
I have a theory. He, back in his styrene days, musta spilled a whole bottle of CA on his lap and glued himself to the chair in the kitchen. Then he soon ran outa styrene, and being in the kitchen, he had to learn to do with cardboard. Can't sleep glued to a chair, so he works 24/7. That, or he's got 8 arms. A band of elves. Lepricons? :D :D :D
Good theory. Being in the kitchen, he has ready access to the stove and refrigerator so he doesn't even have to stop to eat.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don

shaygetz

I think it's a Canadian thing, a result of years of living in a part of the world where summer is like, 2 weeks long? I thought for sure I noticed a slow down in his production back in July, when summer would have been in full tilt. Us Floridians on the other hand, can only model when the occasional hurricane drives us indoors.:D ;) :p :cool:

Matthyro

OK guys, how do I tell you like it is!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
If I don't keep myself busy, I fall asleep. Which is the better way HUH? I need to stay awake during the day to at least 11pm in order to get a good nights sleep even though there is a need to visit the bathroom around 3am. Oh well, One day I will have enough buildings then what will I do:confused: :confused: :confused:
A little more progress.

Attachments

• ym2.jpg
    ym2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 420

Pooh Bah
Robin:
The new plant has been noted. I like the stonework -- Perth is a town of stone buildings and I grew up in a house with what seemed like 3' thick stone walls.
I'll try to get some machinery shipped as soon as the platforms are ready.

McFortner

Looks good. Where did you get the image for the windows and doors? I sure could use it to do a few buildings of my own.

Michael

Matthyro

Michael, I drew the windows and doors using MS paint. You are more than welcome to use them if you wish.

Attachments

• dr2.jpg
    dr2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 393

Matthyro

The quality of the drawings dropped when I changed then from bit map to jpeg

Attachments

• win2.jpg
    win2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 384

spitfire

And here he goes again!

Robin - your output is nothing short of incredible! I have a funny feeling that when you run out of buildings to make you are just going to start over again, making all new structures.

Fantastic!
Val

Matthyro

Thanks everyone. Val, I still have tracklaying to do as well as scenery and when this layout is built, I can expand it into another area of the basement so I think I can keep going for a year or two.
I should have mentioned that this structure is loosely based on the picture in and ad for Fine Scale Miniatures in an old Model Railroader. Here is where I am at so far.

Attachments

• ym3.jpg
    ym3.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 385
MODELING IN THE KITCHEN

Good theory. Being in the kitchen, he has ready access to the stove and refrigerator so he doesn't even have to stop to eat.

Just do not EVER mistake the powdered, rust colored pastel chalk for the cinnamon for the oatmeal or the Durham's Water Putty for powdered creamer! Trust me on this.

The structure looks great! Do we get a photo of the finished item? --Stu--

Matthyro

The LPB roofers have been busy so now the LPB interior workers can get on with their jobs without being rained on.
Fiddly stuff comes next.

Attachments

• ym4.jpg
    ym4.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 245

Drew1125

Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
O.K. Robin, enough is enough! :eek: Fess up, who are the other 20 some people who are helping you build these fantastic structures in such rapid fire order????? Name names now, you hear!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Well, Tyson, I don't know who they are, but you can bet he doesn't have any procrastinators like me on that crew!:rolleyes: :D ;)

Geez Robin...I don't know how you do it, but I'm sure glad you do!:cool:
And you're not just churnin' out dime-store kits...these are completely original Masterpieces!!
Fantastic morkmanship, my friend!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: