D&RGW power

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by Greg Elems, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

April 16th 2003 saw an un patched SD50 still roaming the UP rails.

2. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Another Beautiful Shot, love the D&RGW!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  3. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Perfect! Thanks Greg now I have an idea on how to model a Rio Grande SD unit (I'm thinking of getting one)
  4. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Here is the other side. I knew I had more than one picture of the ol'e girl.

I see if I can find the other Rio Grande pictures and add them to this. Thanks for the positive commets also.
  5. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Those are my favorite also!
  6. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Wow, great modeling there.

7. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

There is the absolutely grungiest looking SP yard switcher here in the Council Bluffs yards. I will have to try to remember to take my camera along when I know I am going to be down in that part of town.

Also, up in the other end of the area I see from time to time an old GTW blue engine. I'm not sure if it stays around all the time or just comes into town on a freight from the east.

Actually lots of good stuff to see here. One of the slickest ones I have seen recently was an entire train of KCS all painted in their new scheme, engines and grain hoppers. Pretty impressive. They come this far north on the BNSF line from Kansas City to service one of the large grain elevators here.
  8. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

The closest I can get is a video with an unpatched SP unit from 2005. Nice shots!