D&rgw 5507

Well, this is one of two left unsoiled by the UP patches. It headed for Roseville today from Sparks going over Donner Pass.

Greg Elems

Attachments

• drgw 5507 04-08-03.jpg
    drgw 5507 04-08-03.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 155

BDC

It's always good to see a untouched Rio Grande unit, even if I can't be there in person. They're getting harder and harder to find too.

Bob Collins

Greg;

Just curious, what sort of grade do you pull on the Donner Pass? I don't think I've ever seen anything written about it in an article like you do with Cajon Pass or Sherman Hill in WY.

Bob

IIRC the grade over Donner is 1.5% - 2%. I will have to ask a friend who has a profile.

This shot is the DRGW 5507 leaving Sparks on the 9th of April. Again a grab shot, from the engine I was using to switch with.

Greg Elems

Attachments

• drgw 5507 4-9-03.jpg
    drgw 5507 4-9-03.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 62

interurban

Hi Greg I hope you dont mind but I did a bit of work on that great picture of yours.
give me a thrashing If you wont:( :( :D

Attachments

• drgw 5507 4-9-03.jpg
    drgw 5507 4-9-03.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 60
Chris, nice job lightening it up. My version was straight from the digital camera. What did you use to make it easier to see?

Greg Elems

interurban

Hi Greg, Dave Hagen posted a link for a free program to help us downsize photos , that program does a lot more than that , I use it every day for one thing or another , like all my folders for qiuck slide shows croping ect.
I will find the post and bring it back to the top in Photograph and .scenary
Then you can have a good look at it .:p

Hi Greg I have just done it;) ;) :p enjoy.