Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by histbuff1190, May 5, 2007.

1. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

can i PLEASE!!! get some translation help?!!? czech translator
    Kann ich getz czech zu english helft???
    AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!!! czech --> english

there... that oughta cover it :twisted: should be a number of models on this site unfortunately, cant get to them :cry:
  2. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I'm going with the idea these are not downloadable but they are build reports concerning the magazine purchased models.

A shame since these models are quite good considering their complexity. Still ... no English or even NorthAmerican paper model magazine available. =(
  4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

you won't be able to get these czech models from the site

you can purchase some of the models from Jim at

5. jujek

jujek New Member

Hehe, I have many unfolded models from abc :)
  6. magesan

magesan New Member

I am from Czech Republic.

ABC is some kind of national treasure. It's very magazine with very old tradition originaly created for "young scientist, technics and botanics". In every issue there were some card models to fold.

The best of them were usually made by Richard Vyskovsky, he created hundreds of card models - for example whole city of historical buildings (it was release after years as a book) - "Mestska pamatkova rezervace".

The site you are mentioning is just electronical archive of building instructions.

Maybe you can buy some books released by abc abroad.
    Here are links for the titles (and ISBNs) >
    Mestska pamatkova rezervace
    Zlata kniha vystrihovanek ABC
  7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow! I would love to get that city!
    That is really nice!

8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

That is ... awesome.

I'd love to get that city. The only issue would be that I would love to have it for table top gaming but it's too enclosed.

edit: unfortunately this is a major language barrier for me. So close and yet so far. =(
  9. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

That is amazing.
  10. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Have you seen this village

Not as old looking, but pretty nice. 24 models. A German village.
  11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Well, village. It certainly isn't a city, that's for sure!

12. kenw

kenw New Member

I've just started building this city. The city is in 3 sections. The photograph in Magesan's post shows 2 of the sections.
    The only problem with czech models is the instructions. I have tried every language translator and dictionary I can find and so many words I cannot translate. So in the end I am assembling the models by the order the part numbers in the instructions.

It is a massive hardbound book, beautifully produced, but expensive because of postage costs. But well worth it. It will keep me busy for a long, long time.
  13. Kaz

Kaz Member

Well that depends on the religious building in the picture, if its a Cathederal then its a City.

London, the only town to contain two cities, the City of London, and the City of Westminster
  14. magesan

magesan New Member

it's only half of the model.
    You can see whole model here

And definitely it's not german, pure czech buildings. All houses exist in real in Czech Republic. It's complited together to create small city, but the buildings exist.