Cylon Centurion sword

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Patience is a virtue. ;)

Alright, I got some new glue today.

I feared that the connection between handle and blade was too weak and inserted some wooden rods. That wouldn't have been necessary if I had cut the parts in a different way (the ribs are going horizontally whereas they should have gone vertically).

DSCF0277.jpg

Another piece of corrugated card is added to the top and the bottom.

DSCF0278.jpg

The handle part is covered with black card.

DSCF0280.jpg

DSCF0281.jpg

It is supposed to be glossy but I only had some dull card available. Next will be the pommel. :)

DanBKing

Dan the Man
@Revell-Fan If you ever need to gloss anything up:- In the plastic modelling world the (American) product called "Future" is a self-levelling gloss coat used for parquet and wooden floors. Here in the Netherlands, it's called "Pledge Parket Plus."
Add a few coats of that and build up the layers and you can achieve the sheen of glass, or even metal. Its water based too, and it doesn't yellow over time either.
And with reference to another thread of mine, fish moths (zilvervisjes) hate the stuff!

Remember my canopy I did for the Raptor ???? http://www.zealot.com/threads/bsg-medevac-raptor.173185/page-3#post-957169

img-20121206-00438-jpg.112244

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Cybergrinder : What? I can't hear you - it's so quite here! ;)

@DanBKing : Thanks for the tip! I'll take a look on occasion; I live only a few miles away from Winterswijk. ButI may remember that it is available here in Germany, too (called "Erdal Glänzer"). :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Erdal Glanzer sounds like a girl I knew in 3rd grade!?! She did have a shiny forehead. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
:lolsign:

"Erdal Glänzer" is the little sister of "Meister Proper" (just google it up to know more). ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No, she managed to escape on her faithful horse Ajax before he could do so. She is now together with her former college boyfriend, Domestos. He has a small farm in Villabajo. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Today I finished the pommel. Again I obeyed the original way of construction but I found out that some parts could be omitted which reduced the parts count.

The end cap is a simple cone.

DSCF0285.jpg

It is equipped with an internal skeleton:

DSCF0286.jpg

DSCF0288.jpg

DSCF0289.jpg

DSCF0291.jpg

DSCF0294.jpg

Next come two rings which are constructed the same way: A laminated center piece is coated with silver card.

DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0298.jpg

DSCF0299.jpg

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I will, of course. Unfortunately I just noticed that the shape of the pommel was wrong. :sadno:

Luckily I didn't glue it to the handle so I was able to easily pull it off. A new pommel is on the way.:)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
:lolsign:

"Erdal Glänzer" is the little sister of "Meister Proper" (just google it up to know more). ;)

Wow, the things you learn here. They should have named their dog "Spot". :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Now I am continuing with something that was not part of the original plans: The sheath. This is completely my design but I'm staying as faithful to the sword construction to maintain continuity and quality.

It took me three attempts to come up with a suitable and easy-to-build shape:

DSCF0326.jpg

The silver card is laminated to the corrugated card. You need two of these, one for each side:

DSCF0330.jpg

The pattern for the side walls is traced onto silver card:

DSCF0332.jpg

The side walls are attached

DSCF0333.jpg

and the other side of the sheath is glued to the walls:

DSCF0334.jpg

I hope to get the final steps done tomorrow, which is glueing a strip of silver card around the walls for a smooth finish and adding the clamp to the back to allow the sheath to be attached to a belt. CU! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The side walls are attached.

DSCF0344.jpg

The single parts of the belt mount are made of a different silver card:

DSCF0336.jpg

Assembly:

DSCF0338.jpg

DSCF0339.jpg

DSCF0341.jpg

It is glued to two blank areas on the back side of the sheath:

DSCF0343.jpg

DSCF0345.jpg

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0349.jpg

The final touches: Some mirror card is glued to the top part to hide the core of corrugated card.

DSCF0352.jpg

Now everything is put to dry completely. :)