Cylon Centurion sword

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I started writing my post before you posted all that stuff you just posted. That is a really impressive technique you have demonstrated. You could laminate that all around a .22 long rifle barrel and mechanism then if someone challenges you to a sword fight, just shoot them. Imagine the surprise, "That guy just shot me with his sword!!!". :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That would be John-Steed-Style! ;)

The technique comes from the original designers, BJ and Red.

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
What a way to Avenge(r) oneself! After all what is a man without his Steed? Ok, I'll stop horseing around now...

BTW, looking good RF! I see it has cut through the other projects! :) (Ok, I know we used that one...)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
ahem. You started it. :) Come, join me in a dizzying descent into insanity, populated by dead parrots, puns, spam, and Kniiiiights who say NI!

DanBKing

Dan the Man
No glue?

That is great work, it looks like metal.

I will use your advice when using silver card...... And Zathros also put the idea in my head for the fantastic Hunter Killer model.... A darkened texture base, with a semi-translutant over coat of heat resistant chrome..

Maybe two HK's with both types of finishes would make a good diorama. ...

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Alright, to be honest: It IS steel welded together with the power of the Gods. ;)

OK, you got me. Glue is applied only to the center piece when the parts are pushed over it. ;)

I too am very surprised at the results. It really looks like stainless steel and will make a formidable prop. My mom likes it as well. But please keep in mind that this is not entirely my creation. I'm just refining it. :)

In the beginning I thought it would be "just another test build" and did not care too much about the materials I used for the build. What you see here are mainly scraps and left-over pieces from previous builds and corrugated card from a delivery at work which would have been discarded. The thinner card originated from old parcels and storage boxes. So in a way this is top-notch recycling. :)

I'd love to see those HKs, Dan! :)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
What, @DanBKing not up to a pun-fest?!?! I'm feeling pun-chy today...

Jed-I will have my say!

(suddenly realised that the topic is quite awkward for puns.... :headbange:)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
LOL, very true and very good idea! The nice thing about the "hi-jacks" is the fun of punning off (or at least starting) the topic of the build tread. :) We even got Zathros punning on this one Claphands