Cylon Armor (Original Series) - MADE OF REAL METAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BazookaJo

well i got it home today.:mrgreen:
did a littel sanding took a brake came back and my son had it on sign1
it still needs more sanding befor it can be polish.:rolleyes:
now I need to get started on the chess plate :thumb:
Paper first though it works better so you know what you need to change to make it work in mettle :mrgreen:

Looking absolutely superb there Red - I am seriously jealous.

As for the chest plans - I build my Ceta this week and will post some pics - if all goes well (and it should) I'll pm you with the plans before public release :thumb:

Don't want to stop the momentum on this :cool:

Regards

Paul.

Red

I was looking at the belt :confused: and rought up this thing by hand :mrgreen:
its not quit rite yet but i thought i would see your thoughts on it and maybe flatten it back out, scan it for you if you want it paul.
after all this is your model :D
it is 3 1/2" X 3 1/2" x 1" high

belt 1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

BazookaJo

I was looking at the belt :confused: and rought up this thing by hand :mrgreen:
its not quit rite yet but i thought i would see your thoughts on it and maybe flatten it back out, scan it for you if you want it paul.
after all this is your model :mrgreen:
it is 3 1/2" X 3 1/2" x 1" high

I like it :thumb: - tighten it up a little, scan it in, and I'll take it :mrgreen: might re-size a little but would need to have it built to gauge it properly (no real dimensions to hand for this stuff - all just photo ref.).

BazookaJo

Cylon Chest Peices.

Okay - almost done, just a few minor tweaks and then just the instructions :thumb:

Phew - that was one serious PITA.

Also build not as tight as I would have liked -wanted to try the hot glue gun, but got a Low Temp Glue Gun by accident :rolleyes: Not recommended.

E

ekuth

Yeah, the low temp glue guns won't cut it... lol.

Sorry for the delay in building, been swamped with work and whatnot. Looks great, Jo!

CJTK1701

Banned
Okay - almost done, just a few minor tweaks and then just the instructions :thumb:

Phew - that was one serious PITA.

Also build not as tight as I would have liked -wanted to try the hot glue gun, but got a Low Temp Glue Gun by accident :rolleyes: Not recommended.

Wow! You've really put a lot into this. thanks a lot, can't wait to see it in print, looks to be a very fun model to build!:thumb::mrgreen:

Spadinator

SWEET!!!! Just finished the Backpack today. I have been using this stuff called glue runner I got from Wal-mart. Rolls on like tape but acts like glue and it is permenant. It is originally for Scrapboking.

Red

:cool:that looks real good cant wait:thumb:

chess.jpg

Red

Belt

I just cant wait!!!!:drag1:
here is the part that I have started next:twisted:

belt4.jpg

CJTK1701

Banned
Wow Red, you're a Hell of a metal worker. Kudos. BTW, how do you get the animated gifs to work? Mine just sits there:confused:

BazookaJo

Hi Guys - Just a quick update.

Done the tweaks to the kit, but am not entirely happy with the grille aperture or the grille itself. In addition I might try one a slightly different approach to the front corners.

Pretty happy with the general breastplate itself - it also looks more accurate when it's on and is contoured to the shape of the chest.

Just crazy ATM with other priorities so it might be end of April or later before I can get the next Ceta out - that said, if you're in a rush Red/Ekuth your welcome to have a copy of the currents plans as-is. Just let me know.

Best Regards

Paul.

Red

sign1 some one got in my stuff at work and had some fun :p with the white paper helment that that i had used to make the aluminum one
he says me beep beep beep, me need more armour.
and no this was not me, this guy goes by Al
thought you guys might get a laugh

Al 4.jpg

Red

Well here are the belt parts now I need to make the belt:mrgreen:
this is all im going to do on the Cylon for a wile my computer just died:curse:
and doing this on sony psp is like wate two years to load a pagewall1
let alone uploading a picture. and no downloading:cry:

S6300726.jpg

CJTK1701

Banned
Great work Red. You're doing a remarkable job on this! Sorry to hear fo the computer issues, there seems to be a lot of that going around.

BazookaJo

Well here are the belt parts now I need to make the belt:mrgreen:
this is all im going to do on the Cylon for a wile my computer just died:curse:
and doing this on sony psp is like wate two years to load a pagewall1
let alone uploading a picture. and no downloading:cry:

Looking damn good there Red - superb work :thumb:! Will def be using these in my kit with a full credit to you my friend.

Haven't had any time to tweak the chest yet, but May is all about me me me so will def. get it done in first 7-10 days :mrgreen:

Very best regards

Paul.

Red

Well my wife had us buy a new computer for the home :mrgreen:
So Im Back :wave:
and I did a littel more work on the cylon helment and got the red eye working
here is a link to see the eye.

EYE1.jpg

CJTK1701

Banned
Well my wife had us buy a new computer for the home :mrgreen:
So Im Back :wave:
and I did a littel more work on the cylon helment and got the red eye working
here is a link to see the eye.: YouTube - cylon eye :twisted:

Glad you're back online Red and glad you got the lighting worked out. OK, now send me the suit and I'll cast it up and we'll make millions selling them online! :mrgreen::thumb::cool:

Great work, really! You've done a fantastic job! Now I got to get you to do something for me.:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.