Cylon Armor (Original Series)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Red, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Red

Red Member

My doughter had these two pictures on he cell.

Attached Files:

2. pulsar

pulsar New Member

I have to say, that armor turned out quite snazzy... fantastic work!!! :thumb:
  3. fury101

fury101 New Member

its looking very pretty :)
  4. marciu11

marciu11 Member

Fantastic work! Wery, wery fantastic!
  5. Jixton

Jixton New Member

This is my first post on this site, as I've just signed up this morning, and I've just read through this entire thread...
    It's absolutely amazing what can be done with just a template.
    I've always liked the look of the Original Cylons and got to meet one up close at a Charity event in Corsham, Wiltshire, last May.
    Maybe, if the Missus doesn't catch me... I'll get around to building myself a Cylon suit of my own.

eep up the great work guys, Its well appreciated!!!
  6. wildheart258

wildheart258 New Member

I am also new to the site, and not to sound redundant...but "WOW". I am amazed at the creativity alone!
  7. mordrake69

mordrake69 mordrake69

i love bsg does anybody know were to get the voice modulater?
  8. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Ahhh, there's the rub.

If you want an on the fly one, try Hyperdyne labs. And prepare to pay out the nose for it.

There is software out there that can do it for you, but not on the fly.

I went the easy route:

Downloads of .mp3's of the original cylon voice, eye warble, ect. I rigged an mp3 player and speakers into my suit, with the speakers in the backpack. The player itself sits inside my right hand glove, where I can select the appropriate track, control volume, ect. :mrgreen:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  9. Red

Red Member

not as good as ekuth you could buy a kid voice shanger ( at a holloween prop store ) some of them have a robot voice that is close to what the cylons sound like
  10. papadavigi

papadavigi New Member

I defiantly have to take a crack at making one of their heads.
  11. dirtybrit619

dirtybrit619 New Member

12. ashal2

ashal2 New Member

didn't notice from the pics did you have any ideas on the red back and forth eye lights.
    there are sevral place on the net to pic up cheap small kits. would put that extra little touch on it
  13. ashal2

ashal2 New Member

sorry dint notice how long the thread was nice job looks great
  14. MTK

MTK Active Member

Sorry, this is a purposeful bump. I was looking through the forum to find anything about Cylons and BSG and had to bump this. There is so much interesting information in this thread, I just had to bump it, perhaps some of the new modelers haven't seen this stuff. If this is wrong.... My bad.
  15. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

No, not at all! In fact, I'm gonna sticky this... and then I need to get off my dead arse and submit details on my build. You can, however, see the finished work here:

Full view.jpg

My wife and I at Phoenix Comicon this year. Side shot by a random person... man, I got more photos than I can count. Sadly, almost no one posted them!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  16. MTK

MTK Active Member

17. vaderman1701

vaderman1701 New Member

I always liked the Gold Centurion with that deeper voice saying.."By Your Command!".
  18. MTK

MTK Active Member

Kinda like Vader?
  19. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I would do anything to wear a costume like that, just when I get together with the "In-Laws". Would require a working pistol though, to play it safe.:twisted:
  20. eugentoth

eugentoth New Member

my sons have seenn your pic now they want me to make them costumes