Cyclone/Mospeadea

Getter1

Hello all,

I've been building a prototype Cyclone/Mospeadea. I'm using construction paper for the test build. After I work out all the bugs I'll be using card stock and build it in a larger scale.

Here's what I got so far. Still needs hands, forearm missle tubes, head, bike's wheels, and a few details left. Also there are many mistakes on the test build of my own fault but that's why it's a test :p

Getter 1

Attachments

• 12030382.jpg
    12030382.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 573

Getter1

Here's it standing next a 1/15 scale plastic model of the Saber Cyclone (the one used by Lancer/Yellow Dancer).

G1

Attachments

• 12030384.jpg
    12030384.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 561
E

ekuth

Getter, that looks AWESOME! :-o

As a Robotech/Macross fan from way back, count me in for a copy if/when you release it.

Getter1

I found this as a 3D model as well as a Cyclone in Bike mode (printed but not started yet). It builds really well but as a computer model it does have some intersceting parts that I haven't figured out yet how to edit the panels in META yet. I started building the model to reveal all the editing that needed to be done. I did remove many unessesary wires that were showing up in Pepakura as fold lines when they shouldn't be, but so far cutting through ways for intersecting parts has eluded me.

I do intend to share the model but first I want to credit the guys I found the model from,

http://www.gerwalk.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=1

They also have many other models that I can't seem to load up in Pepakura. I'm still trying out figure out these programs and it ain't been easy.

The Cyclone is my all time favorite mecha and this model was a special treat to myself :D Also the 3D model has the rider's face under the face shield. On the larger model I build I intend to use transparent sheet to make the face shield so the face can be seen :D

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Getter 1

Perfect I need this to go along with my Alpha/Beta Fighter. That I have been working on. I have a friend building the beta right now. Hopefully will be cleaned up with good instructions soon. I'm really looking forward to your cyclone.

Getter1

Bad_Scorpion said:
Perfect I need this to go along with my Alpha/Beta Fighter. That I have been working on. I have a friend building the beta right now. Hopefully will be cleaned up with good instructions soon. I'm really looking forward to your cyclone.

Alpha/Beta :D Awesome. Which mode will they be in?

I haven't had a chance to work on the Cyclone this week, but hope to be able to get back on it tonight :)

Getter 1

Plan on having the beta transformable the alpha already is. But still has some bugs as I just found out fromm my buddy. Trying to work out those bugs right now. The beta isn't going to be as easy as I thought it might be. Asked my buddy to get some pics of the alpha in all three modes so I can post them.

Getter1

I can see the Alpha having some quirks. I have the transforming plastic kit as well as 3 of the 4 masterpiece collections and the working design has some "anime vs. reality" issues in it's transformation and porportions. Particullarly the fighter mode's rear section. A transforming model cannot look the same as it does in the animation but the Battloid and Guardian modes do work fairly well.

Anywho I am deffinently intrested in seeing what you guys have come up with so far :D

G1

Getter1

Hello All,

More progress has been made on the test build. The hands, forearm weapons, rear boosters, and the 1st wheel/flight thruster. Just have to do the other wheel and head and the test is done :)

Getter 1

Attachments

• 12090388.JPG
    12090388.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 187

Getter1

A close up of the Hands. These were a pain the 1st time but the 2nd one went together much easier. It was actually much easier to gule them without tabs. Note I goofed and accidentally left out a small pice on each hand which drew the thumbs in more than they should have. Also I glued one of the missle tubes on backward so the front is facing the wrong way :( Oh well it's just a test build...........I'm still trying to convience myself that it's OK.........still trying.

G1

Attachments

• 12090392.JPG
    12090392.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 183

Getter1

The test build is done :D Here's a shot with the face shield placed on top of the helment as if in the open position to show the face detail.

G1

Attachments

• 12100394.jpg
    12100394.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 181

Getter1

A finally a front shot with the face plate in the closed position. In my main build I intend on uping the scale and using transparent plastic for the face plate.

Hope everybody enjoyed this build :D

G1

Attachments

• 12100397.JPG
    12100397.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 164