Cyclone Bike version

xyberz

Oct 31, 2006
I have a question about designing models, since you're working on quite a bit.

Is it easier to design the model as a whole at one time or to design the separate individual parts that eventually get glued together? Seeing that when you print out all paper models, they're all in parts anyway.
In a way, at least to me, it seems it would be easier to create the individual parts as you know what it will be like as a whole, unless you are designing a model from scratch. That meaning not modeled after something that has already been created, which is about 99% of the cases out there.

xyberz

Oct 31, 2006

Is it easier to design the model as a whole at one time or to design the separate individual parts that eventually get glued together? Seeing that when you print out all paper models, they're all in parts anyway.
In a way, at least to me, it seems it would be easier to create the individual parts as you know what it will be like as a whole, unless you are designing a model from scratch. That meaning not modeled after something that has already been created, which is about 99% of the cases out there.

xyberz

Oct 31, 2006

xyberz

Oct 31, 2006

Bad_Scorpion

Jul 2, 2006
Before I used 3d models to make paper models I did work with them as parts to make the whole. But that was due to no resource for 3d modeling it then breaking it down from there. Honestly I would have to say easiest would be to 3d model it then use one of the various apps out there to break it down into individual parts. Much easier as you already know parts fit together. Just a mater of from this point breaking them apart into an relatively easy format to be reassembled in paper/card. Much less guess work. And you can make them much more complex doing it this way than doing so the old school method. Anyway that's my view on it.

As for the handle guard,

View attachment 6509
View attachment 6510
View attachment 6511

The dark colored parts are inside and the reset makeup the outer shell. If needed or if in your build you feel need to drop the internal parts we can do that. But I left them as They gave it a little more strength in my view, but you are building it so let me know.

Attachments

• assembled guard3.JPG
    assembled guard3.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 261
  • assembled guard2.JPG
    assembled guard2.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 260
  • assembled guard.JPG
    assembled guard.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 260

Bad_Scorpion

Jul 2, 2006
Before I used 3d models to make paper models I did work with them as parts to make the whole. But that was due to no resource for 3d modeling it then breaking it down from there. Honestly I would have to say easiest would be to 3d model it then use one of the various apps out there to break it down into individual parts. Much easier as you already know parts fit together. Just a mater of from this point breaking them apart into an relatively easy format to be reassembled in paper/card. Much less guess work. And you can make them much more complex doing it this way than doing so the old school method. Anyway that's my view on it.

As for the handle guard,

View attachment 6509
View attachment 6510
View attachment 6511

The dark colored parts are inside and the reset makeup the outer shell. If needed or if in your build you feel need to drop the internal parts we can do that. But I left them as They gave it a little more strength in my view, but you are building it so let me know.

Bad_Scorpion

Jul 2, 2006

As for the handle guard,

View attachment 6509
View attachment 6510
View attachment 6511

Bad_Scorpion

Jul 2, 2006

As for the handle guard,

View attachment 6509
View attachment 6510
View attachment 6511

Bad_Scorpion

Jul 2, 2006

As for the handle guard,

View attachment 6509
View attachment 6510
View attachment 6511

Bad_Scorpion

Jul 2, 2006

As for the handle guard,

View attachment 6509
View attachment 6510
View attachment 6511

Bad_Scorpion

Jul 2, 2006

As for the handle guard,

View attachment 6509
View attachment 6510
View attachment 6511

Bad_Scorpion

Jul 2, 2006

As for the handle guard,

View attachment 6509
View attachment 6510
View attachment 6511

Bad_Scorpion

Jul 2, 2006

As for the handle guard,

View attachment 6509
View attachment 6510
View attachment 6511

Bad_Scorpion

Jul 2, 2006

As for the handle guard,

View attachment 6509
View attachment 6510
View attachment 6511

Bad_Scorpion

Jul 2, 2006

As for the handle guard,

View attachment 6509
View attachment 6510
View attachment 6511

Bad_Scorpion

Jul 2, 2006

As for the handle guard,

View attachment 6509
View attachment 6510
View attachment 6511

Bad_Scorpion

Jul 2, 2006

As for the handle guard,

View attachment 6509
View attachment 6510
View attachment 6511

xavs

Jun 23, 2006
Mexico City
Can i help?

i love robotech i have some plastic models to compare the parts, i think it take me some time but, if you find this usefull mail me please:grin:

Bad_Scorpion

Jul 2, 2006
Actually if you could position them on white backdrop and take pictures from a 45 degree angle looking down on them and for others looking up front back sides bottom. I person I just met has one of those 3d object converter apps and states he can take the pictures and turn them into models. I can then breakthem down into card format since the only 3d app still working on this pc is pepa. Looks like I've ot a registry issue. Looking to see if I can find the code and fix it but may just get tired of looking and reload windows. But anything like that picture wise would be good. also, do you have an sdf in battle mode or ship mode?