cutting models

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by burneggroll, May 14, 2011.

Where do you cut?

1. I cut inside the line (remove line).

2. I cut outside the line (keep line).

3. I cut on the line (split the line).

4. I use pinking shears (don't care).

1. xBobble

xBobble New Member

I guess it depends on how bad you were in the first place. :wink: The Cameo does have a bit of an issue with very, very tight angles. I think the problem is that, while the cutting point is very small, it's still the tip of a strait blade. That blade sometimes has a little bit of a problem making very sharp turns -- going one way, pivoting, and going back the other way. I think there are ways to get around this but I've never had a big enough problem or needed a perfect enough cut to investigate them.

Anyway, full disclosure .....
  2. VoltSHock

VoltSHock New Member

For me I think inside the line would e best since those lines are just guides
  3. Hawkabbc

Hawkabbc Sci-Fi Geek (In Training)

Quick Question

To access downloads, do you need a certain number of posts?
  4. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

Welcome again!

Yes, you do. If I may suggest, take a look at the rules, and you'll find out about it.
    This is a GREAT family, as I like to think, and we all have to work to make it even greater.
  5. DEADMAN2012

DEADMAN2012 New Member

Usually i print in black and white, then paint the model. Helps to hide lines.
  6. jean-lucpicard

jean-lucpicard New Member

I have to agree. The lines are simply a guide for where to cut a majority of the time. There are times though when it is really necessary to follow them, but I have found that this is rare - most kits leave room for discretion when cutting.