Cutting Inside Circles

MacSongLi

Good Day,

Could somebody please provide me with a couple of tips on cutting out inside circles?

Thank You!
MacSongLiwall1

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Good Day,

Could somebody please provide me with a couple of tips on cutting out inside circles?

Thank You!
MacSongLiwall1

There are a few ways on how to cut out inside a circle. It mostly determines what the size of the circle is. having a good hobby knife is a GREAT start (most people use a #11 blade or a scalpel)

I either (very carefully with light stroke) trace the circle with my knife until I fully cut through, or use the "WOODPECKER" technique of making very small cuts along the line. When you do it, it looks like a woodpecker is cutting the paper. You can also use a circle cutter (you can get them at most hobby shops).

I hope that this helps.

I look forward to seeing your work soon.

MacSongLi

Rhaven Blaack,

One again, you have helped me. Thank you again, I was struggling doing about a 2.5cm inside circle ( radial engine cowling face) with a pair of scissors. I've got three more to do. It took me three attempts to do one.

Merci, Saved Again!
MacSongLi:thumb:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You are more then welcome. I am glad to have been able to help.

So when are we going to see some of your work?

MacSongLi

My son has been studying for exams, but I'll get him to take some photos this weekend, and I'll post them.

Thanks Again for the help.