Cutting Brushes

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by redheat, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redheat

redheat Member

Any of you guys cut your own brushes after the wear out? RED
  2. RC King

RC King Member

you dont cut brushes.you replace them.you cut the comm on the armature of the motors
  3. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

YOU can also cut the brushles if they get alittle out of wack. If you cut them they become some what new. Grinding them after they are used alittle can in some cases make them connect better on the comm, I have done this b4 when I made a few motor's out of a pile of junker motor's.
  4. RC King

RC King Member

nah after you cut the comm the brushes will rebreak-in to take the shape of the comm after one ligh run.how did you cut the brushes?
  5. RC King

RC King Member

after they wear out they are no good.you need to replace them because if they are all worn out the are too short.
  6. RC King

RC King Member

7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I used a grinding wheel and I know if they get worn down all the way then buy new 1's. Also, why 3 post's?
  8. RC King

RC King Member

you shouldnt use a grinding wheel because that takes more life out of the brushess provided they still have sufficiant length.instead,just lightly run them in the newly cut comm until the brushes take perfect shape to the communtator.then spray the whole inside of the motor with motor cleaner.

i think grinding brushes would be somthing a Cave man would do no offense
  9. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

none taken it just comes down to the fact that I had fun, made some really hot motor and in my case everything worked out well!
  10. redheat

redheat Member

Alright guys I know that you can cut brushes , I do it all the time using a XIPP F-1 brush cutter. www.xipp.com, after I cut the comm. I cut the brushes and do a break in for a good seat, I'mm asking if you guys do it, RED
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I do not have a lathe so I never could cut the com on any of the motor's I had.
  12. RC King

RC King Member

thats not a website and no you dont cut brushes.i mean you just dont.they sell brushes pre-broken in.so that makes no sense lmao....you replace them.wow alot of morons in here
  13. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

its funny, alot of us so called moron's know alot more abour rc's then you rc *king*, r u sure about that name?
  14. RC King

RC King Member

what do you know that i dont know?i know just about everything.
    i also can buy a 40 pack of top of the line,serated brushes lay down or stand up for $4.so why would you do somthing silly like that?
  15. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I sugest this thread get Locked...
  16. RC King

RC King Member

I suggest dj6666969 should be banned
  17. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ahh what did I do wrong beside help people on this forum, kinda curious?

Oh wait I know any 1 who is smarter then you should be banned huh?
  18. redheat

redheat Member

King you have no idea of what your talking about , I find you to be lacking knowledge and a green horn that knows nothing about what your talking about. I think that your a little out of your league , I suggest that you not post any more BS until you take a few lessons on basic RC fundamentals, RED
  19. RC King

RC King Member

i was talking about how i buy new brushess when they are needed to be replaced. what are you talking about?do you even know anything about RC?were are talking how people in here cut brushes.i say i buy new ones when they are worn out.
  20. RC King

RC King Member

i have ran brushed motors to propel 1/10 scale cars over 100mph for years.i replace a set of brushes every speed run and the entire motor every two or three runs before i go home.2 sets of brushess per pack.

do understand any of this redheat?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.