Custom Paint Mask

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by rcdrifter, Jun 1, 2004.

1. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Im working with some designers on comming up with some custom paint mask, would anyone be interested in any. If so what sort of designs would you be looking for, Ive got some in the works now that will be the typical flame designs but tailored for the whole vehicle instead of just random flames.

Been thinking also of doing some mask sheets with vehicle specific graphics such as nissan, honda, mazda etc...

Let me know what you guys think....
  2. Argitist

Argitist Guest

what kinda stuff do you make the maskes out of i heard someone say they made them out of masking tape. pretty cool
  3. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

These mask will be made out of the same vinyl that xxxmain and parma use...
  4. Just an idea, make a mask so we can get RCDrift.com on the side or wherever on our car. Id want em
  5. tsispyder

tsispyder Guest

you should model them after the signal graphics nad stff like tha...JDM style graphiocs...like the JIC magic ones nad the Endless ones nad stuff like that...people want to emulate the read JGTC cars nad swtudd like taht
    excuse my horrid typing in a hurry
  6. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Actually the first batch will be rcdrifter specific for sort of site support cars, the next ones that will be worked on will be a replica of the d1gp blitz s15 and then from there various other models.

We also will be working on various dare i say "jdm" mask sets with various industry specific mask for hks, greddy, monkey magic, blitz etc....
  7. s2

s2 Guest

Meaby some of the Masks (obviously only if they are the right size) could be publshed on the website, so people can print them off onto printable masking sheet?
  8. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Most deffinatly, for those who do it the old fashion way they will be published...
  9. s2

s2 Guest

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: sweet, cant wait :)
  10. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Just an update, started testing out some vinyls for mask tonight working up some custom flame and aftermarket logo mask in adobe tonight and testing them in corel also...
  11. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

i think a mask of just random sponsor logos would be a great way to finish off a drifter body. no specific whole car logos but the small ones pasted above wheel wells on side skirts etc. real tuning namesakes like those of:
    Kei office
    TODA
    JUN auto mechanic
    KANI racing factory
    TOP SECRET
    TRUST
    RS R
    EXEDY
    CUSCO
    ZEAL
    ZeroStage
    DAISHIN
    AUTO STAFF
    SaRD
    Yashio Factory
    Do-Luck
    Video Option
    BRIDE
    TEIN
    ENDLESS
    HKS
    A'PEX
    BLITZ
    NISMO
  12. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I like AE86's idea. But gota add one... K&N Filters. Cant forget them.

But also with that you should make paint masks of the big graphics of the 1:1 drift cars. IE HKS, Top Secret.

But that would be cool.
  13. s2

s2 Guest

GReddy
    SIGNAL
    :) :)
  14. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

I cant believe i forgot to list signal :lol:

but Trust is Greddy just Japanese!
  15. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

I have alot of these logos already setup to be cut, how big do you guys want these if they are done small enough as on most cars the mask may get hard to weed with all the small lettering...would this be something better to be done as a decal?
  16. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Ya... decals good. Paint masks get hard if its smaller then a door panel. It would be AWSOME to make them as decals. Maby (just throwing ideas out) two sizes. One for wheel wells, and one for maby side panels or spoilers.
  17. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

im with sparky two sizes but i think it is much cooler to paint on logos than paste on decals
    my 2 cents anyways!
  18. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Without a doubt im hardcore about not using many decals Ill do a few and let you guys try them out, it takes alot of paitence to apply all those little letters even with application tape :)
  19. s2

s2 Guest

I agree, decals are nowhere as good loking as painted logos. its kinda fiddly and abit of a pain, but gives superiour results
  20. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Think of it this way too... arnt the decals on real drift cars vynals?

Lol... ill just make my own stickers then. I can barily paint little flames that are on the side of MT's and stuff... hehe. I guess i just need to learn to paint :oops: :roll: