Custom paint jobs

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by topkick, Sep 7, 2005.

1. topkick

topkick New Member

I'm kinda new to this hobby and I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend someone to do a custom paint job. I need to get an e6/7b dummy unit and have it painted for the Milwaukee Road. I've searched every hobby shop on the net for an item like this and also ebay but I haven't had any luck so far so I guess I'll have to go the custom route.
  2. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

I don't know where you are located; but there are a couple of shops here in Upstate New York that do nice custom work. One is a couple of young fellows from my NRHS Chapter who are just getting started. You can find them on the net at The other one has been around for a number of years, but he has done several custom jobs for me. This one is Rock River Model Hobbies, on the net at I can recommend either one, as I have seen (and have) their work.
  3. topkick

topkick New Member

I'm in Newport News, VA and Upstate New York is fine. I'll get in touch with both of them.

Thanks again, Tom
  4. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

I'm not sure how much good it wil do either of us, but you might mention that I sent you.
  5. shortliner

shortliner Member

Topkick - if you aren't in a terrible hurry, take a look at . You'll see why I said about "hurry" when you go there. This guy does some superb work, and might be worth waiting for
    Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands