Custom Light Housings

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by denzo, Oct 8, 2005.

1. denzo

denzo New Member

Does anyone here have any idea as to how i can make custom light housings?

I have a couple of projects going on, and i cant find light housings for either of the shells :(

The shells are :

Nissan Skyline R-32 GTR
    Nissan Sil-Eighty
    Nissan Silvia S14

If anyone know where light housings for those shells could be bought, please let me know. If not, i would really like some ideas as to how i could make these myself, as realistic and close to the real thing as possible (Sticking LED's behind the headlight/taillight stickers, is not an option. I want light housings both at the front and rear).

2. Kenji_Sasaki

Kenji_Sasaki Member

you can vac form the lightbuckets but finding equipment could be hard for that. or you can mold these peieces out of moldable foam clay then paint them

Another option is to make them out of styrene plastic found in your local hobby shop

remember when you are putting leds make sure you follow the steps when you make a circuit out of them...having incorrect resistors and what not can cause you problems

mask the areas where you want to put the leds. for skyline taillights i heard somewhre that you can use wing mounts ( cut the part where it dips down for screw placement)

headlights you can try getting yokomo stuff but thats pricey