Custom decals

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I know a lot of you do custom decals run on a computer printer. I'm about to give it a try. Any words of advice to avoid common pitfalls? I am planning on easing into it by first doing black on clear on my laser, then full color on a bubble-jet.

The decal paper isn't that expensive if you print a full sheet. I'm wondering, if I only print a partial sheet, will I have problems running the sheet through a second time? Cutting it in half is a option, or running it through attached to a full sheet of leader paper might work, but experimenting can be costly. Also, Micro-Mart sells a clear overspray for the ink-jet paper, but I didn't buy it. Will Krylon "fixative" or "matte spray" work as well?

Inquiring minds want to know.....:D

Thanks,

Don

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by belg
Don if you get any info off line about this topic I would be really greatful if you could pass it on to me as well.
Be glad to. I've seen so much neat stuff here, I'm hoping that someone will chime in a give us some good advice and keep us from ruining a good paint job and a few sheets of decal paper learning the hard way.:rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

Don

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by belg
Don I don't know if you read the thread in the academy called "Try again on sign thing" it has some info in it that's pretty useful.
Yeah, I did and had a few questions in that thread myself. I guess what I'm after right now is how to approach things. I guess I can just follow the directions that came with the decal paper and hope for the best...:eek: :eek:

Yeah, yeah, "when all else fails, read the directions.":rolleyes:

Don